Argh!!! ?

KrazeKelly

50 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Those look SO good! How do you package those? Are the cinnamon sticks real or a mold? I have a mold for cinnamon sticks but haven't used it yet.

Yes, they are real. My first test package is the photo. Not sure how I like it?? ? I didn't have any bags the right size, but I did have some sheets of polypro so I cut into wide strips, laid the two pcs in an X, put the melt in the center and pulled the sides up to tie off. You can smell them well like this but not sure I'm loving it. 

image.jpeg

Edited by KrazeKelly
Forgot the pic!! Ha!
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, KrazeKelly said:

Yes, they are real. My first test package is the photo. Not sure how I like it?? ? I didn't have any bags the right size, but I did have some sheets of polypro so I cut into wide strips, laid the two pcs in an X, put the melt in the center and pulled the sides up to tie off. You can smell them well like this but not sure I'm loving it. 

image.jpeg

These look amazing!  <3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iansmommaya said:

Omg. Those are incredible!

What other choices for packaging are you thinking of?

I don't know!! LOL I'm still debating this in my head. Should I spend money on something to package them in or work with what I have?  ? Some little clear square boxes would be cute but probably too expensive and I'm not sure how well they will sell if they are more than a couple of $$ each around here. The ones with the fruits weigh 2oz and the ones with the cinnamon sticks weigh 1.5oz. Hmmm 

• Like 1

My goodness these are SO beautiful ! Im assuming they are wax melts - sorry for the dumb question :/ Are you planning on just doing 1 or 

will you sell several 4-5 in a package ? I think the way you have them packaged is super cute :) 

May I ask what type of wax can be used to do the whipped portion - so amazing looking ! Where does all of your energy come from ??? lol ! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I absolutely LOVE the ribbon! Do you mind me asking where you found that? I'm a kraft brown bag and label person and when I use poly pro bags I still put a very country/primitive material bow on it to tie the top. 

Belinda , do you have a Costco near you. I buy huge rolls of ribbon for just under $7 + it is gorgeous + good quality too. They should have the

holiday ribbon out very soon if not already. Plus they have the BEST price on white tissue paper, Im talking $5 + change hundreds of sheets 

I buy at least 4-5 every season and use it for everything. 

Edited by Moonstar
spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

I absolutely LOVE the ribbon! Do you mind me asking where you found that? I'm a kraft brown bag and label person and when I use poly pro bags I still put a very country/primitive material bow on it to tie the top. 

I found it at Michaels. They have some with little red birds that's very pretty also. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

My goodness these are SO beautiful ! Im assuming they are wax melts - sorry for the dumb question :/ Are you planning on just doing 1 or 

will you sell several 4-5 in a package ? I think the way you have them packaged is super cute :) 

May I ask what type of wax can be used to do the whipped portion - so amazing looking ! Where does all of your energy come from ??? lol ! 

Ha! I have no energy!!! I just get bored easily. I ended up ordering 3x3 clear square boxes to put these in. I will package individually. 

I used 464 & cba blended for the whipped portion. 

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Belinda , do you have a Costco near you. I buy huge rolls of ribbon for just under $7 + it is gorgeous + good quality too. They should have the

holiday ribbon out very soon if not already. Plus they have the BEST price on white tissue paper, Im talking $5 + change hundreds of sheets 

I buy at least 4-5 every season and use it for everything. 

I do have one close by that just opened up! I haven't been yet so I see a trip in my near future LOL! Thanks!

Super super cute Kelly!  So time consuming making those melts I know cause when I do them for myself I think I could make a half dozen candles by the time I get done with mine, but they are just so darn cute!  Love your packaging and that ribbon is awesome!  Just love the pine cones on it.  I have a pine cone fetish and would love something like that!  Question, ..... is the wax you use pretty good so it doesn't smear the bag that much?  I'm always so afraid to do something like that for me to sell to the shops because I know how customers can man handle the packaging so I wind up putting in little mason jars.  Keep the pictures coming!  Love em!

Trappeur

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Super super cute Kelly!  So time consuming making those melts I know cause when I do them for myself I think I could make a half dozen candles by the time I get done with mine, but they are just so darn cute!  Love your packaging and that ribbon is awesome!  Just love the pine cones on it.  I have a pine cone fetish and would love something like that!  Question, ..... is the wax you use pretty good so it doesn't smear the bag that much?  I'm always so afraid to do something like that for me to sell to the shops because I know how customers can man handle the packaging so I wind up putting in little mason jars.  Keep the pictures coming!  Love em!

Trappeur

Thanks! That's what I was worried about also so I ordered the boxes this time and will try some confetti or something to keep them in place. I have package them in bags before, but like you said, they start looks not so good after a while. Yes, they are very time consuming. It took me a 3 or 4 days doing a little each day. 

Kelly

On 9/3/2016 at 11:31 AM, KrazeKelly said:

I don't know!! LOL I'm still debating this in my head. Should I spend money on something to package them in or work with what I have?  ? Some little clear square boxes would be cute but probably too expensive and I'm not sure how well they will sell if they are more than a couple of $$ each around here. The ones with the fruits weigh 2oz and the ones with the cinnamon sticks weigh 1.5oz. Hmmm 

Those are tiny then! Lucky you! You could use candy boxes!

• 1 month later...