BCN Perfect Pumpkin (Wick Your Wax)

chuck_35550

I'll be putting the pumpkin in wax today (took the day off work to play!). I get some spice OOB so will be interesting to get in wax.

All Hallows Eve was an odd one to me. I was hoping for a spiced pumpkin/fall but I got a sweeter scent than I expected. This is going to sound odd but I got bubblegum and licorice.

I tested Mulled Cider last night. It is good and lasted through the night. I do get more mulled tea rather than cider. I get a strong brewed tea scent.

I still have a bunch of one ouncers to test from my first order with BCN.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Hallows Eve was an odd one to me. I was hoping for a spiced pumpkin/fall but I got a sweeter scent than I expected. This is going to sound odd but I got bubblegum and licorice.

Oh no! That is not what I am looking for from that FO.
I tested Mulled Cider last night. It is good and lasted through the night. I do get more mulled tea rather than cider. I get a strong brewed tea scent.
Maybe I was mistaken and it was a mulberry. Hey Chandler...forget that recommendation I passed on :tiptoe:

Thanks for the reviews. :)

Oh, do not EVER take my advice nor what I smell in a FO!

I truly have the oddest nose EVER! I am also wayyyyyy too picky.

I admit it.

Both were good, just different than what I expected. Gave my bag of All Hallows to a friend and she LOVES it.

I likely put too much weight in what a description details.

It is the truth!

I checked my vacation hours balance and I was close to 200 hours!

Starting a tough job in a new area of the corporation in a couple of weeks. I had to get it in while I still can!

Testing again. Today will be one blend of wax, tomorrow another, same FO's both days.

One day I will land on a perfect wax combo and I will forever be content to never, ever try another (YEAH, right!).

One day I will land on a perfect wax combo and I will forever be content to never, ever try another (YEAH, right!).
I sure hope you don't do what I did...lol. I actually did find the perfect wax combo last spring. So I stayed away from blending new mixes for most of the summer and then the bug bit again. About 3-4 waxes later I'm back to that blend from the spring and I swear I'm not switching again.

**Subject to the right of a woman to change her mind at a moment's notice**

Edited by jeanie353

Thanks for the heads up Chris on soaping. I used it in a mp project and blended with ah/re vanilla cinnamon and its really killer. Plan on cp this week-end, hopefully. I have to give Chris full credit for finding this wonderful fragrance. I get it on my fingers and walk around the house smelling my fingers, kinda gross but its that good. Sorry if I caused anyone to relapse.

Steve

Well, I just ordered myself a big bottle of the WYW Perfect Pumpkin from BCN to give it a try. I really like The Great Pumpkin from The Candlesource but this thread got me curious so I caved. One never can have too many pumpkin scents. Now off to the Peaks site to add a few more for the holidays. Whew hew, my favorite time of year!

• 2 weeks later...

YES! This is exactly what I smell! Once my brain decided my nose was smelling bubblegum I couldn't handle the sweetness anymore! I was bummed b/c I really wanted to like this one!

• 8 months later...
...Perfect Pumpkin (WYW), Toffee Maple Crunch (BnL), WAP (BnL), Olive Blossom (BnL), All Hallows Eve (BnL), AJ&P (BnL) and Autumn Leaves (BnL)

I'm about to order pretty much this same list from Bitter Creek, except for that WAP because I have no idea what that is ("Wild Ass Pumpkin"?????). "All Hallows Eve" smelling like bubble gum is pretty much what I've come to expect from this from everybody; I think it's the combination of the certain sweet fruits generally used in this blend ends up like bubble gum, but this sounds better to me if it has a licorice note!

If I remember right, some of you were saying the had the best mulberry too. What else do I need to look at there?

On a related note, have any of you found a pumpkin musk, or tried mixing your own? I'm wondering how that would be.

Persimmon Spice - have to give another nod to their Apple Jack & Peel & their Autumn Leaves - AL is very earthy.

Pumpkin & Musk sounds intriguing. No, haven't tried that...but now may have to.

Edited by marcuset

On a related note, have any of you found a pumpkin musk, or tried mixing your own? I'm wondering how that would be.

I'm working on one right now! LOL. I'm calling it Pumpkin Rose Noir, and it's essentially a straight Pumpkin FO with a dark musk and hint of fresh cut rose. I can send you some for eval. PM me if interested.

Nooooooo, I don't think I could take rose in that! Try it before you add the rose to the mix and let me know how it turned out. :)

I promise it's light. The rose helps reinforce the pumpkin. Not overly sweet and not at all floral OOB.

I'm about to order pretty much this same list from Bitter Creek, except for that WAP because I have no idea what that is ("Wild Ass Pumpkin"?????). "All Hallows Eve" smelling like bubble gum is pretty much what I've come to expect from this from everybody; I think it's the combination of the certain sweet fruits generally used in this blend ends up like bubble gum, but this sounds better to me if it has a licorice note!

If I remember right, some of you were saying the had the best mulberry too. What else do I need to look at there?

That would be Warm Apple Pie (I think). They say the mind goes first.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to piggyback on this thread to say how much I LOATH FragranceBuddy's Pumpkin. I'm not one to usually complain about an FO as they all have redeeming qualities but when a fragrance oil claims to be "Pumpkin" and nothing but an unadulterated slice of pumpkin...I shouldn't smell ONLY nutmeg. I did not like this one at all. Why is a straight Pumpkin scent so hard to find? Ugh!!!

Is Perfect Pumpkin any better? I just can't find a good pumpkin FO...:cry2:

Just wanted to piggyback on this thread to say how much I LOATH FragranceBuddy's Pumpkin. I'm not one to usually complain about an FO as they all have redeeming qualities but when a fragrance oil claims to be "Pumpkin" and nothing but an unadulterated slice of pumpkin...I shouldn't smell ONLY nutmeg. I did not like this one at all. Why is a straight Pumpkin scent so hard to find? Ugh!!!

Is Perfect Pumpkin any better? I just can't find a good pumpkin FO...:cry2:

Have you ever tried Butternut Pumpkin from LS? It's a great sweet pumpkin scent. Very minimal spice to it. Tested really strong in soy wax. Although I'm not sure that customers would respond to the name so I may change it. If you order from them get a sample next time.

Jack my customers are getting like yours!!! They are stuck in the "bird of paradise" mode again. They won't order anything with a name they might not recognize. When they sniff it, they love it. It is like trying to feed new veggies to a picky eater. :P

• 2 weeks later...

When this thread got bumped up and I read it I thought - what the hell, try it, you're still looking for a good pumpkin. Well, I got it today. OOB I went - ehh - but then I put it in wax! WOW!! I absolutely LOVE it!! This is def what I had been looking for!! Plus, I got some of their Maple Pecan - I can't wait to make Pumpkin Maple Pecan Soap this weekend!! YAY!!!! :yay::yay:

When this thread got bumped up and I read it I thought - what the hell, try it, you're still looking for a good pumpkin. Well, I got it today. OOB I went - ehh - but then I put it in wax! WOW!! I absolutely LOVE it!! This is def what I had been looking for!! Plus, I got some of their Maple Pecan - I can't wait to make Pumpkin Maple Pecan Soap this weekend!! YAY!!!! :yay::yay:

Is this from BCN? I looked on their website and didn't see perfect pumpkin. I'll go look again!