"Clean" scents

Beth

I'm looking for "clean" scents, but I hate the gagging-on-fabric-softener scents, which don't equate as "clean" to me anyway. What are some good clean/fresh scents for melts?

Is there a dup for Yankee's Clean Air or Fresh Air something or other?

Edited by Beth

Nope it's gotta be grapefruit! haha.

It's a full on clean citrus that's mild and fresh without being cloyingly sweet or soapy. ;)

It complements the eucalyptus nicely. Lemon grass binds the two scents.

Hmm? For a non citron - you can try this:

.50 Rain or Ocean .25 eucalyptus .25 lemon grass

seeing a theme? lol. Really anything blended with a mild citron and percing herbal is going to smell fresh and clean.

As long as you skip adding a musk, amber, vanillin, benzoin, or heady floral you SHOULD be GOLDEN!

That New England Mist FO sounds pretty good too!

Edited by rctfavr3

Nope it's gotta be grapefruit!

It's a full on clean citrus that's mild and fresh without being cloyingly sweet or soapy. ;)

It complements the eucalyptus nicely. Lemon grass acts as the blender.

You might could try a 50/50 blend of LG and Euca, but too much lemon grass and it will start to take on a Pledge-like cleanser smell.

Sure, make me go place another order somewhere,,,,,,,,,,lol.

See revised post. I gave ya an alternative! ;)

Cool. I think I have Ocean buried somewhere.. can't stand it OOB, lol.

I read the New England Mist description. That sounds really good, too. & it'd give me an excuse to get some more Honey Gingerbread :)

AH/ RE blue skies is very clean and fresh and super strong - in soy

Millcreek arctic air is my new favorite flavor of the month! So fresh with just a touch of sweetness

I LOVE eucalyptus but can't find one I like straight - Partylite used to have one that I practically bought stock in - I may have to try rctfavr3's suggestion!

I have these in EO. How do you think these would do? Or should I stick to FO for something like this blend in a tart?

You have all of those in EO? Wow. Following the same blend, use a little less Euca, and a little more Grapefruit. For scent throw, you're looking at about 3 - 4x the strength of the FO blend. Add 3 oz of DPG or IPM and you'll have 4 ounces of the same strength scent following the same blend. 1 part blend to 3 parts DPG/IPM. Not sure of exact blend, but don't go to heavy on the lemon grass either. There shouldn't be any one dominate note. Just a non-de-script fresh crisp scent. If the overall citron notes is too heavy, add back the Euca you left our previously. Hope that helps.

Edited by rctfavr3