Can't choose a wax....

HS I know you haven't wanted to try soy, but it is so much easier to wick then 4627. I love the way it burns, smells with bakery FOs. Since you can wick the beast(4627) soy would be a breeze. The other issues that come with soy I'm not concerned with at this point. If they start bothering me, I'll deal with them at that time.

OMG! What are you trying to do to me, ChandlerWicks! *faint*:laugh2::P Dagnabbit! Now I'm tempted to try soy!

:pI say go for it!

Okay, I'll try it! Is the HT/CT of 415 as good as 4627, if it's done correctly? And if I mix 30% C3 with the 415, will it hurt the HT/CT?

Actually, I think I'll just try the 415, tempered, with 1 Tablespoon USA p.p., and if that doesn't work I'll try adding some 4627 to it, which I already have. I was just reading about C3 on Candle Science, and it's being made by a new company, so one of the reviews was complaining that it wasn't the same quality. It's amazing how much cheaper a case of 415 soy is than 4627! It only costs about half as much!

I've seen somebodies 415 candles that didn't turn out to their satisfaction, and they were coyote ugly! But I don't think that person knew to add USA or to temper the wax. Also, they were died, and 415 probably looks better un-died.

Edited by HorsescentS

I don't think the CT or HT is as strong, nothing is to me. The look of 415 doesn't bother me. I'm going to add C-3 too & USA, for testing just in case. The curing time is really important.

Do you have the little votive glass holders so you don't have to waste so much wax & testing? I bought mine from a craftstore for 25cents each. Once you have a bigger jar down with all the wicking & additives.

I don't think the CT or HT is as strong, nothing is to me. The look of 415 doesn't bother me. I'm going to add C-3 too & USA, for testing just in case. The curing time is really important.

Do you have the little votive glass holders so you don't have to waste so much wax & testing? I bought mine from a craftstore for 25cents each. Once you have a bigger jar down with all the wicking & additives.

No, I don't have those little votive holders, but that's a great idea! I would really like to try IGI 6098 parasoy.

415 gets such a bad rap. I feel its only because people dont test it enough and give it fair time to learn it. I will be the first to say that its a PITA wax to work with. We started with it and started reading here then changed, then read some more, then changed again and so on and so on. THANKS, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! :) I wont lie, there were times when I just wanted to smash it all and sell everything off but I took a few days and then went back to it. I have tried sooooooo many waxes from so many vendors that I am all tested out as far as that goes!!! If I kept all the money I spent in testing other waxes adding this and that and that and this, I could have purchased a pallet of wax. Heck its been a blast but in my OPINION, I couldnt achieve a HT like I could with 415. Yeah it looks terrible after it burns and cures but If you want a straight soy product you get past it. You can make beautiful candles if you just work on one wax alone. It took my wife and I MANY MANY hours of testing and testing and testing 415. I dont put down anyone elses choices on wax because I believe what works for you may not work for me and vice versa. We are sold on it and people we sell to love it and I HAVE NEVER had anyone say they wouldnt buy it again because of the looks.

Edited by Mountain Soy Candle

HS ....I found a couple other waxes had a better HT for me. It made a creamy, dense very pretty candle though. In tarts blended with 4625 it did the best of all container waxes.

GL

Thanks so much, Jeanie! I remembered you saying you got strong long-lasting tarts by mixing 6098 with something, but couldn't remember what you mixed it with. I'm going to try that soon. I remember reading that to get a great HT with 6098 you have to go up to a higher FO load, so I was thinking of starting at 9%, do you go that high?

Thanks so much, Jeanie! I remembered you saying you got strong long-lasting tarts by mixing 6098 with something, but couldn't remember what you mixed it with. I'm going to try that soon. I remember reading that to get a great HT with 6098 you have to go up to a higher FO load, so I was thinking of starting at 9%, do you go that high?

I'd go up to 1.5 oz pp if I had trouble getting HT except with concentrated FOs like CC and sure I went that high with 6098.

It could have been in my wicking HS. I have a terrible issue with how my wicks burn and will pull them sometimes if the flame is not right before the wax has a chance to let me know it it will produce HT.

For my tarts, I use 4625 as the harder wax regardless of which container wax I mixed it with. Try CBL125 if you have any around or want to give a sample a whirl. For me, it is the next best after 6098 for tarts and that's what I settled on.

I'd go up to 1.5 oz pp if I had trouble getting HT except with concentrated FOs like CC and sure I went that high with 6098.

It could have been in my wicking HS. I have a terrible issue with how my wicks burn and will pull them sometimes if the flame is not right before the wax has a chance to let me know it it will produce HT.

For my tarts, I use 4625 as the harder wax regardless of which container wax I mixed it with. Try CBL125 if you have any around or want to give a sample a whirl. For me, it is the next best after 6098 for tarts and that's what I settled on.

Thanks, Jeanie! I might also try mixing 6098 with 4794 votive wax.

• 2 weeks later...
TY...I may have to try it..am trying 6006...have a good chunk of it to use up..lol

Kimmeroo what do you think of 6006?, This is the wax I use and I love the way it looks and I have got it to set up with little to no wetspots, I do temper my wax,(why? I dont know) but im just not please with the HT, I mean its ok but not like I want, I use zinc wicks which I do like but do you think it could be the wicks? oh im using 7oz elemental jars if that helps and maybe 6-8% fo

• Like 1