Picking a new container

Hey everyone, I am finally getting back into my candles after having my second child. Anywho, I have been doing 4 and 8 oz jelly jars and am in the mood for a change. I love the 4 oz jj but don't love the 8oz any more. I have been looking at finding a new jar to test. I would love one that can be single wicked. I would also like one that isn't too tall and a pain to light during the lower half :)

Any suggestions of a good one to start testing that you love would be greatly appreciated!

I am using igi 4630 if that makes a difference to anyone, I have also mostly used zinc and lx wicks, if another may be needed for a slightly larger jar please let me know so I can order a sample pack for my testing. TIA!

Thanks for all the replies, I like the keepsake glass, but will have to check on candlewic to see what the shipping to me may cost. On the status jars, are they only available in one place or are can you get them at different places? Also, descent, where do u find the 10oz salsa jars? I think I have seen some salsa jars, but not a 10oz. Thanks again everyone for the input :)

8oz & 12 oz status jars for us with 415 and cd wicks works perfectly!

I used to get the status style jars from dollar tree and purchase flat glass tops also but now I pick them up with tops cheaper.

We make a day trip out of it and its worth the ride. I only buy when they are on sale. I also noticed that the glass from dollar tree wasn't always the same. You have to really look at them when you buy them. They sometimes have air holes in the solid part of the base and sometimes the bottoms don't look straight. It's like the glass cooled on an angle.

I am crazy about things like this maybe it's a sickness!

Mike

Hi Deb, does farmhouse have a storefront to check out? I'm about 20 minutes from there, but never thought to go there as she doesn't have my wax. Would use those salsa jars and her scents though. I work in woodstown now, so would love to check it out after work one day if she has hours.

Love the status jars...especially in the new larger 21 oz size ...they are beautiful :yay:...right off hand I know that Aztec and The Jar Store sells them. I sell them without a label on the glass so that the customers can enjoy the candle burning from any angle. Here is a picture of some of mine made up:

100_1663thumbnailusethisone.jpg

21 oz Status Jar

Edited by puma52

Those larger status jars are really cool! Ive never seen those before. How much do you sell those for. Also for the 12oz status jars does anyone use zinc and if so can you give me a starting size?

In 6006, I think it's either 60 or 62 zinc depending on the FO.

Those larger status jars are really cool! Ive never seen those before. How much do you sell those for. Also for the 12oz status jars does anyone use zinc and if so can you give me a starting size?

For 4630 either 51 or 60 depending on FO

Deb, no she doesn't have a store front. But she is a doll to work with. I place my orders online and drive over to pick up. I've been working with Sherri for years. I do lover her Snowy Pine that she offers. Shoot her an email.

Hey Quiet Girl!

I love the larger jars!! I came across a new candle company that had an ad highlighting these larger jars and the hunt was on for me! I did a search online and found them at a candle jar store supplier that sold them per each. Thank goodness my regular supplier now carries them! :smiley2:

I use the 51-32-18z wicks in both of these jars, I use 4786 container wax. I sell my 12 oz jar for $13 and the large jar for $22.

Edited by puma52

Deb, no she doesn't have a store front. But she is a doll to work with. I place my orders online and drive over to pick up. I've been working with Sherri for years. I do lover her Snowy Pine that she offers. Shoot her an email.

Thanks Deb. I will do that.