What's in your pot this weekend? 6/29/12

Hi guys! I know that some other members usually do this but I thought I'd volunteer this week to start it. :-)

I just made candle testers of:

Celestial Sea

Birthday Cake- AH

Magnolia

Sunflowers

Indian Summer

I can't wait to burn these. I'm hoping that the sunflower would be a nice floral addition for the fall

Also made MP goat's milk soap of:

Green Tea Soap with green tea butter and extract

Calendula soap with yellow clay

My son and his family are in from out of town. My daughter-in-law is very talented and crafty. I am not!

She is eager to learn how to make scented wax. Melting wax now to make Pumpkin Egg Nog and also Graham Crackers (she chose these two) wax brittle with her.

Hey all you busy folks....Jack, JustaJesuschick, RJDaines and Lauren !! I am not making anything....but sounds like you guys are making some pretty awesome scents!!! I will be working on some warning labels I have to get done before the Fall/Christmas season begins....You guys have fun!!!:cool2: Wishing everyone a wonderful , safe, productive and profitable weekend!!! :)

I'm going to make my first wax bear!

I'm also making Grapefruit and Mangosteen, Apple Harvest, and Cucumber Melon for the first time. I have 6 clam shell tarts to make: Jamaican Me Crazy, True Love's Spell, Cappuccino Brulee, and Fresh Cut Grass are those scents.

I'm also attempting to make my first zebra looking candle as a gift for a dear friend, I'm really hoping it turns out :).

KS Ranch....those sound so cute!! We would love to see pics if you can!! Hey 381....we want to see pics please of the bear and zebra candle IF you've got time...have fun!!! :) You guys' houses are going to smell soooooooooo divine!!:cheesy2:

Edited by puma52

It's my week off :D I'm doing anniversary type stuffs :D But this coming week, a bunch of candles that are unscented for a customer, and starting work with some swirl candles for autumn fairs. I MIGHT get to do some soap this week too, but not holding my breath there.

Ksranch- it's Moonworks Suede I got on pre-buy

It is fabulous- Not an overpowering leather or suede scent _ I smell more tobacco and tonka bean

In melts it threw strong and so far in my candle it is super strong but may be a wicker upper- it might catch up as I am on the 2nd burn

I bought it for my "western collection" and it fits perfect- I think it will be called "wild west"!

wild west"!

Sounds good, I have been working on a local line, scents to do with my area, so pouring some testers of chardonnay and cabernet grape, (wine scents), also making my sister in law some pomegranate candles she requested.

Lots of interesting and fun stuff going on with you all this weekend. Everyone have fun and Happy 4th.

Nothing going on here unless I decide to whip up some CP or B&B. Have CP batches curing to test b4 making too much more and candles won't be started until Aug 1.

I'm testing some of Peaks FO's this weekend... Hyacinth..Winter Wonderland, Spicey Cranberry and White Lily Amber...making some melts and a few candles.

Testing Elements - Aqua and Sea Island Grapefruit in lotions.... the Sea Island Grapefuit is to die for OOB can't wait to get it in lotion and maybe try a few melts or a candle.

I'm taking some new scents for a test drive this weekend - Australian Sandalwood, bamboo and musk, coconut palm and raspberry porter.

Also making new testers for a few scents that I was disappointed with last week - Himalayan bamboo, Oakmoss and amber and black orchid.

Testing last weeks pours, last night was Sage and Lemongrass. MMMmmmmm. I like that one.

Now burning Twilight Woods. I like it, hubbie LOVES it. It's a sexy scent!!

It's tough testing with the a/c running. I adjusted the air flow, but one side of the room fills with scent, the other does not. It make it the whole way back to the back door, but not two feet past the a/c into the corner with the computer.

Go figure. I'm playing with paint tomorrow, so no pouring until the end of the week!!