Do any of you make Cinnamon Scented Soap and...

lovemylabs

if so, how well does it sell for you? We never get requests for this and suddently in one day, we had two people requesting it. Is it popular with any of you, or is it just one of those scents that only a few like? I started searching the suppliers and searching the threads but it doesn't look like there are any suppliers that offer a body-safe cinnamon fo.

I once had some MP soap scented with country bumpkin from NG. I colored it with cinnamon. It wasn't that popular so I discounted it and it finally sold. I probably will never do that one again. Although NG has a FO called Sinfully Hot. It is a hot cinnamon scent. Not sure if it is body safe. Hth! :-)

I have used cinnamon along with several other "spice" e.o.s in a recipe calle "Snickerdoodle." The blend contained vanilla and that toned down the cinnamon, but discolored the soap. It was one of my favorites.

I would love to make a cinnamon scented soap if I could find an oil that was soap safe. I do use a bit of ground cinnamon I sprinkle in soap for texture but it doesn't scent the soap.

I have used wellington fragrance's "FENG SHUI FIRE" in candles and it pretty much smells like cinnamon candy to me. I don't know how it performs in soap but it is body safe.

Can I ask where y'all are getting a cinnamon that is b&b safe? Seems like I've checked every supplier. I'm finding cinnamon blends (like apple cinnamon, etc), but not just cinnamon...and when i do, it's not skin safe...or, it's on the west coast and I'm on the east...shipping would be ridiculous.

I don't use straight cinnamon. NG has a few nice cinnamon body safe scents that are wonderful. Most are bakery type. Honestly, I think straight cinnamon is probably just to strong for skin application which is why cinnamon body safe scents are bakery type or mixed with fruits.

I don't use straight cinnamon. NG has a few nice cinnamon body safe scents that are wonderful. Most are bakery type. Honestly, I think straight cinnamon is probably just to strong for skin application which is why cinnamon body safe scents are bakery type or mixed with fruits.

Do you mind sharing which cinnamon you like using in your CP soap? Does it stick? I think a cinnamon soap would be awesome! I don't care if its a blend as long as the cinnamon notes are not drowned out.

Do you mind sharing which cinnamon you like using in your CP soap? Does it stick? I think a cinnamon soap would be awesome! I don't care if its a blend as long as the cinnamon notes are not drowned out.

I like all of the skin safe cinnamons from NG. I have used them straight and blended them. My favorite combination is the body safe Cinnamon Buns fo. If you have a bit of clove fo on hand, put in just a few drops with the Cinnamon Buns. This seems to heighten the cinnamon scent, but you cannot smell the clove.

Just double check the usage rates of the skin safe cinnamons at NG. I see a lot that are listed as skin safe with a usage rate of .05%-.07% (point zero 5 percent to point zero seven) meaning .0005 oz / .0141g of fragrance PPO. Soapcalc doesn't even calculate that low, choosing to round up to .001. IMO that's not even close to skin safe.

I've seen a good number of people that overdose by hundreds of times the IFRA limitations because of that pesky point zero in front of the number assuming because it's skin safe it must be limited at 5% or 1 oz PPO. Your insurance carrier would not be very happy about a law suit based on miscalculation like that.

Edited by TallTayl

there is a straight Cinnamon at Rustic Esscentuals that is skin safe Cinnamon Longwyck ?? She has a lot of cinnamons you have to check and see if it is body safe Atomic Fireball Cinnamon is skin safe too.

Edited by Barbara AL

Candybee, I forgot to mention that I mix in Cinnamon from WSP with the NG Cinnamon Buns. The WSP Cinnamon is an amazing scent that sticks like crazy and is the aroma of straight ground cinnamon.

Edited by Noodle

Before I place any orders, I need to check my inventory. I may have WSP's Cinnamon already. (WooHoo... That would be great). But if I don't, I need to place orders with NG and AH/RE within the week. I think I'll order in a few samples. The Atomic Fireball sounds promising :) Thank you everyone for your suggestions...appreciate it very much.

Edited by lovemylabs
To thank everyone for their input