Fugly but smells great

I got impatient working on a certain look, and just threw this together. Wanted a twisted spiral look. Red and green pieces just fitted together and set into mold, then poured straight paraffin filler. Scented with Patchouli.

Have at it guys! :D

post-116-139458376309_thumb.jpg

Oh I think that looks very nice. Whenever my daughter and decide to create a new look, it doesn' t always sell...what is wrong with people....so many of them think that a candle should just be plain. I love your creative spin.

I think it's pretty cool. If the first side met together with the second side, I would be awesome!

My original intent was for a three color twist, using the pour to fill in where the missing area was, thus the crazy result. I will try using just two pieces/colors to keep them fitting tight against the side of mold. It's my ongoing attempt at better candles through power tools! LOL :D

My original intent was for a three color twist, using the pour to fill in where the missing area was, thus the crazy result. I will try using just two pieces/colors to keep them fitting tight against the side of mold. It's my ongoing attempt at better candles through power tools! LOL :D

LOL, I love power tools! I can't wait to see the 2nd version!

OK I bite, what power tools did you use to create this? Maybe if you had hit the outside of the mold with a heat gun for a couple of minutes the colors would have blended more. Does a heat gun count as a power tool? Love that you tried something new and different.

OK I bite, what power tools did you use to create this?

An example is displayed in my avatar. It has a 2 1/4" hole saw drill bit on it.

How did you get the red and green/blue parts?

I made several 3" by 3/4" thick discs of wax, colored appropriately. Drilled out with my hole saw drill bit to make rings. Then I took my hand coping saw and cut each ring at an angle in two places, trimmed the angled parts to fit together as close as possible, then set them in the mold. Poured the filler wax in and crossed my fingers!

I'll try another soon with just two colors, and then one with three but all in pieces, rather than like this was done.

I have my master project still in the works, but I will not reveal till I can do it to my satisfaction. ;)

Thanks for all the great comments!

I made several 3" by 3/4" thick discs of wax, colored appropriately. Drilled out with my hole saw drill bit to make rings. Then I took my hand coping saw and cut each ring at an angle in two places, trimmed the angled parts to fit together as close as possible, then set them in the mold. Poured the filler wax in and crossed my fingers!

Bet that was a lot faster than using cookie cutters! LOL

Satin, I poured the wax into a shallow cookie sheet, heated several 3" seamless molds, and set them open end into the sheet. Let them set up, and then removed the molds one at a time to reveal the discs. Then I removed, drilled the centers out, and smoothed edges with a large 4" wide wall scraper.

If there is a demand, I can take pics of the process and post a thread on it with instructions.