My first batch of cp soap!!! So excited to try it!!

coffeebean

Thanks!! I was afraid to do a small batch, kept reading how it was more dangerous working with smaller batches. I was that afraid to do the lye mixture I did it outside, & I'm in PA so its not exactly warm out there lol. I got the recipe from a website stating it was a great beginners recipe so thats where I started. I'll tell you another great item to have if you have an iphone there is an app that is a must have for this!! It costs 4.99 but its so worth it!!

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure how it was going to come out, because when I was cutting it the next day it was real spongy, felt like I was slicing scrapple. Now with each day that goes by I notice it getting harder. When you package this type of soap do you want to keep it open of is it ok to place it in plastic bags?

No I didn't start another batch yet, I did find a recipe that says it gives a lot of lather I would love to try.

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure how it was going to come out, because when I was cutting it the next day it was real spongy, felt like I was slicing scrapple. Now with each day that goes by I notice it getting harder. When you package this type of soap do you want to keep it open of is it ok to place it in plastic bags?

No I didn't start another batch yet, I did find a recipe that says it gives a lot of lather I would love to try.

Leave it out for awhile to cure more. You can cover it to keep it from getting dusty. I wouldn' t put it in plastic bags though. It still needs cure time.

Where are you in PA?