Beware of Venus Candles

Hello Everyone!

I am newbie to making wickless creations and candles, in fact I have been trying to get everything I need to start my new adventure and hobby. I bought some fragrances off EBAY and perhaps it was my poor reading, but the listing confused me. I thought I bought 50 assorted 4 ounce fragrances for dirt cheap. When I went to a forum to see if I was getting a good deal or "what I paid for" someone mentioned what I bought. I rushed to see I misunderstood and wrote the seller. He confirmed I only bought 1 4 ounce fragrance or 2 - 2 ounce fragrances.

So I told him I am giving him a neutral status because it is confusing how he described it along with what fragrances I wanted. They refunded my money without telling me why. I asked and he stated he canceled my order. Wrong move on their part.

If you buy from them, please use caution.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140443645805?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Edited by tbowers8403

It seems to me that they explain it very well IF you READ their listing. Too many people do not take the time to read about their purchase etc. and then get upset ... they seem pretty straight forward to me. Sooo you are ticked off because you didn't read the listing. BUT thanks for bringing them to my attention, I'm going to try them out now.

They claim they couldn't satisfy me (I'm going back and forth with the company). I told them once they cleared it up I understood and proceeded with my order. If I liked their scents I was coming back. They didn't even try, I bought from someone else anyways that someone on the forum directed me to. I will say I was never mean to them and negative or neutral status they can defend themselves (they have one neg and one neutral already). Oh well... I may not make a difference, but I just want people to know my experience with them.

Also when you poke a pregnant woman with unstable hormones your bound to get some flack :-p

I've ordered from them at least a half a dozen times in the past few months. I've had no problems with them. In fact, the one time I ordered, I turned around and changed my mind on quantity and scents I wanted, so I emailed them and they were great about changing my order, no problems what so ever. Their fragrances are hit or miss, as they are with most FO suppliers, but I've found a few from them that I really like and work well in my wax, like Blue Kiwi! Yum!

I just wish they would of gave me my FO's. Needed no refund or cancellation, I was looking forward to Chocolate Mint scented melties. It's a decent price, but just be cautious, all I'm saying.

On the otherhand I just got EXCELLENT customer service from CandleWic. I'm not having good luck gathering up my needed supplies, can you tell? My pot got damaged in FEDEX and they are sending me a replacement and don't need the damaged goods back.

This is from their listing: "50+ Scents to choose from", this to me is pretty clear. There is a drop down stating the sizes and prices of each. You thought you were getting 50 bottles that were 4 oz each? ? For a few bucks? PLUS free shipping?

I would have cancelled your order as well if you misread my description and threatened with a neutral rating, then stated that you may buy more if you like my product... it is simply not worth dealing with difficult customers anymore.

I know a local chandler who frequently orders from them and is absolutely pleased with their service, prices and scents.

The problem is you threatened them with a low rating ... WHY would they take the chance of you ordering and then you giving them a really bad rating? I understand why they canceled, they don't want to take the chance of their rating going down, that would cost them money and more customers. Then you come here and post "Beware of Venus Candles" ... honey I woulda shut you down too.

Honestly, I think you coming here and giving this "warning" is actually going to help their business. I am sure there are a few on here that have never heard of them and will probably check them out now, thanks to you.

Yep, I'd never heard of them before but am oh so curious now.....not that I need another FO supplier but what the heck!!

Edited by Pam W

Yep, I'd never heard of them before but am oh so curious now.....not that I need another FO supplier but what the heck!!

The Chamomile Lavender is super strong in my wax (464) at 8% (what I start with), so I'm downing it to 6% to see how that works. The Blue Kiwi (wick up) is also really good, not as strong as the Chamomile Lavender, but still really good. Um, still haven't burned the Chocolate Mint...I have a votive here, maybe I should. What else have I actually put into wax so far....oh, the Dragon's Blood had a GREAT CT, but not much HT, so I'm on the search for a better one, as I really loved that scent OOB. I have a bunch that I need to test yet, but I'll try to remember to update when I do. :-)

I think it's very wrong of you to post a "beware" when you obviously just got carried away with what you wanted the listing to mean. It was very clear when I first looked at the ebay listing and was glad to see everyone here felt the same. I wouldn't deal with you, either, and would have cancelled the order, as well.

Its a whole lot more than simply sharing. The title of this thread is "Beware of Venus Candles" and was posted to slander the company. Thats pretty serious as it can have a very strong negative effect on their sales posting on a big candle forum like this one. You have to be careful what you post. If I were that company I would have dropped your sale too.

I think someone needs to own up to the fact they made a mistake posting this here.

Its a whole lot more than simply sharing. The title of this thread is "Beware of Venus Candles" and was posted to slander the company. Thats pretty serious as it can have a very strong negative effect on their sales posting on a big candle forum like this one. You have to be careful what you post. If I were that company I would have dropped your sale too.

I think someone needs to own up to the fact they made a mistake posting this here.

Like a hot potato! I agree 100%.

I understand Candybee completely. As a previous business owner & a seller on ebay, I would have taken the time to try to resolve the issue & not just drop her. She did exactly as expected. Word of mouth can destroy. I might have tried them, but won't now because they did not deal with her correctly. It would have taken the Co. only a few minutes to explain their ordering process to her. I feel she did kind of admit to being wrong when she said something like "Please excuse me, I'm pregnant & my hormones are out of control." That may not be her exact quote, but that's what I got from her response.

Like a hot potato! I agree 100%.

I think the point was to cut her some slack due to the pregnancy.

We are eBay Power Sellers...have been for many years (non candle related). Buyers now have the power to leave neg FB as well as neutral. Sellers cannot leave neg FB on buyers any longer. She only left a neutral. Won't hurt the company.

If I were that company, I would of bent over backwards to try to resolve it...not drop her. Resolving is a win-win situation and eliminates bad word of mouth and bad FB marks.

Come on, she's been a member all of what? a couple weeks? I've only been here a few months and still find days I end up with my foot in my mouth - but, luckily, most of you haven't been toooooo hard on me when I do. Mistake made, leason learned, move on..

JMHO