What kind of printer do you use?

soycrazy

A simple Canon Inkjet over here does a decent job for us.

Kitn, I've been debating on a laser tho, how long do the toners last for you? They are so much more expensive then inkjet but if they last lots longer it would be worth the investment I think. Any input would be great =) TIA!

I have an old model of a Canon Pixma inkjet photo printer that has held up very well & does an awesome print job. I got one when I got fed up with HP paper jams. When it dies, if I can't get the exact same thing I'll buy another Canon. Another plus for me was when I called Canon support I got a person who spoke ENGLISH!!

Another Canon Pixma user here! My first inkjet died after years of use and I picked up an MP240. They are affordable to buy and the ink is reasonable.

I ran into a deal on an HP Color Laserjet CP1215 (floor sample - $90) and have never fired it up at home yet. Didn't do any due dilligence on consumer reviews - but couldn't pass it up. I was standing right behind the guy when he put the sale tag on it. And we did run off a couple of sample label sheets in the store that looked great. It was slow ... but the quality & price seemed good for an entry-level machine.

Edited by Judy, USMC

Do you want an inkjet or a laser? I buy a lot of printers for work. For inkjet, I go Canon hands down. HP inkjets stink. But for a B&W laser printer you just can't beat HP. Laser toner will last a very long time, up to a year depending on your usage. Laser ink won't smear, inkjet ink will smear if it gets wet unless you buy a special ink and printer and I don't remember what model that was. There was a thread about it on this form a while back.

A simple Canon Inkjet over here does a decent job for us.

Kitn, I've been debating on a laser tho, how long do the toners last for you? They are so much more expensive then inkjet but if they last lots longer it would be worth the investment I think. Any input would be great =) TIA!

I checked my receipt, I bought the last toners almost a year ago. I print all my labels, duplicates of sales notices and much more and the grand kids print a lot too. I am so happy with this printer. I had an HP 3 in 1( it won't work because the full ink cartridges are out of date) before the laser, I would never go back to inkjet. I have a CLP 315. Mine cost $200.00 which I don't think was to bad, I got it at Staples office supply.

Do you want an inkjet or a laser? I buy a lot of printers for work. For inkjet, I go Canon hands down. HP inkjets stink. But for a B&W laser printer you just can't beat HP. Laser toner will last a very long time, up to a year depending on your usage. Laser ink won't smear, inkjet ink will smear if it gets wet unless you buy a special ink and printer and I don't remember what model that was. There was a thread about it on this form a while back.

My hubby did mention a laser, but I'm kind of concerned with health issues with a laser and being in a tiny house I think I would rather want a ink jet. Laser in the future though. I think we will probably go with canon. They seem to have the best reviews for linux :)

Do any of you guys have linux with your pixma printers?

I have used my Pixma under Linux, although it was a while ago now, so cant remember exactly what I did in regards to drivers.

I do all my printing on a Pixma, but also have the Samsung CLP 315. The issue with the Samsung is that it only has a single centre take up roller to feed the paper which I find tends to always twist a little on entering, hence stuffing my label alignment. It just gets used for printing invoices these days and the canon does all of the label work.

Richard

Beware of the super cheap Canon printers. They use an all colors in one cartridge. One color goes, you have to buy a whole cartridge. Pay a little more and get the one with individual color cartridges.

Are those the ones you can print color and black on the same page? That is what I'm looking for!

Beware of the super cheap Canon printers. They use an all colors in one cartridge. One color goes, you have to buy a whole cartridge. Pay a little more and get the one with individual color cartridges.

This $59 Canon has separate ink tanks/cartridges and you only replace the color you need. It really is an amazing price.