Best Christmas Tree scent

Lorelei

I'm just feeling my samples are falling short. I'm not happy with any I've tried.

I've tried 4 or 5.

O Christmas Tree - DS

Balsam and Christmas Tree - NG

Blue Spruce - CS

Pinion Pine - AAA

Spruce from Peaks

Is it me, or what? They don't smell real true, they aren't really strong to me. Candle nose? Too picky?

It is really too late for me to get started buying oils for this season but I want to know what you all think. I want this to smell like a real, freshly cut tree, I don't care what type, just want a true to name.

Thanks!

Spruce Xmas Tree for me doesn't have that "tree" smell, but I like it. Not the typical pine that smells like pine-sol. I can't even think of a tree smell per se so I'm no help there -- mostly cuz we don't move pine that much as it is. If you wanted a pine needle though ... that's Candlewic lol.

I have never found a true Christmas tree scent. I don't know how many I've tried...probably close to 10 or even more. I finally gave up.

One year I mixed Virginia Cedar with Patchouli and called it Hippie Christmas. It far outsold any pine, spruce, or Christmas tree type scent I've made. They all smell like toilet bowl cleaner to me.

We sell Christmas trees and the closest to a real tree smell I have come across is CS blue spruce - but it is very weak in a candle for me - I have to use in melts only

I am loving and use in a candle Elements rocky mountain Christmas- it has the real tree smell with notes of fireplace to me and I am selling it like crazy

Hope that helps some

I have never found a true Christmas tree scent. I don't know how many I've tried...probably close to 10 or even more. I finally gave up.

One year I mixed Virginia Cedar with Patchouli and called it Hippie Christmas. It far outsold any pine, spruce, or Christmas tree type scent I've made. They all smell like toilet bowl cleaner to me.

What % of Patch did you use? I have an old bottle of Bert's Redwood & Cedar that I'd like to use up and the Patch blend sounds good.

One year I mixed Virginia Cedar with Patchouli and called it Hippie Christmas. It far outsold any pine, spruce, or Christmas tree type scent I've made.

Interestingly enough, got an email from Candle Science today about two new scents, one is Pine Cones and here is the descriiption:

Our Pine Cones fragrance oil captures the unmistakable scent of a fresh cut pine bough and pine cone wreath. Notes of balsam and patchouli combine with natural spruce and cedar oils to instantly put you in a holiday frame of mind.

This fragrance oil is infused with natural cedar wood, and spruce essential oils.

Edited by mzpickles

What % of Patch did you use? I have an old bottle of Bert's Redwood & Cedar that I'd like to use up and the Patch blend sounds good.

Most likely 50/50. I had Moonworks' Patch and either AGE or MMS VC EO. I had the VC I needed to use up. Later, I mixed Patch with Taylored's straight Cedar and it was wonderful.

I've never used anything from Bert's, but your blend sounds wonderful. But then imo, anything goes well with Patch.

Nothing, though, comes close to the old Mr. Missy's Cedar Patch (or Patch Cedar...whatever he called it).

• 3 weeks later...

NG Christmas Tree had such RAVE reviews how it smells just like the real thing so I got a 4 oz bottle. Wish I would have gotten a pound! It smells SO MUCH like a real pine tree I was shocked. A friend of mine hates Christmas Tree candles/wax melts because it smells so artificial to her and she smelled my Christmas Tree wax melts and was blown away and loved the smell, she said it smells just like a real pine tree. I used Ecosoya wax and had amazing CT and HT.

I'm just feeling my samples are falling short. I'm not happy with any I've tried.

I've tried 4 or 5.

O Christmas Tree - DS

Balsam and Christmas Tree - NG

Blue Spruce - CS

Pinion Pine - AAA

Spruce from Peaks

Is it me, or what? They don't smell real true, they aren't really strong to me. Candle nose? Too picky?

It is really too late for me to get started buying oils for this season but I want to know what you all think. I want this to smell like a real, freshly cut tree, I don't care what type, just want a true to name.

Thanks!

Lorelei, I think I have some left of my Christmas Tree from NG if you want me to send it to ya to try it. I won't be needing it anymore since the season is over and I think there is enough for you to make something and test it. I just bought the FO in November so it isn't old or anything lol

• 7 months later...