Clamshells with sprinkles?

EccoLights

Just looking for some thoughts on doing the clamshell "tarts" with little sprinkles or embeds on top. Do you do them? Do you like them? Most of all, would you buy them?

Personally, I think they are cute looking but when using them.... It's all just melted wax.

post-12131-139458488523_thumb.jpg

*blacked out any company info*

There is a seller on etsy, the bathing garden, and her clamshells are as cute as can be. They are decorated. I think hers stand out from the others. Most importantly, they smell great, strong and last. But you need that first sale and her decorations do it and the her quality keeps them coming back. I read alot about her on wax review boards and ordered from her to see for myself. I don't do clamshells but if I dd, I would decorate.

I use sprinkles on some of mine, etc. I don't think I would want big decarations on mine cause when you are trying to break the cubes you would have to sit there and break the embed too??? lol I want something easy lolol Now if it pops right out in a nice cube then fine!

I really like her concept. Her simple, eye catching, yet tasteful designs make a simple wax clam shell seem pretty special. the price point is great too. Some look like they contain little charms - perfect for a special little collectible that a kid (or kid at heart) can use on something else.

I'd buy them at a show that I saw them at for certain for the novelty. Judging just by her stats a lot of people have done the same :)

So, what are the do's & don'ts of what to put in them? Anything as long as you remove it before melting? I don't see anything that says to remove before melting?

For the ones that have big things shoved down in there, doesn't that reduce the amount of wax in the clam?

I'm trying to weigh the visual appeal vs. practicality. They are attention-getting though..

So, what are the do's & don'ts of what to put in them? Anything as long as you remove it before melting? I don't see anything that says to remove before melting?

For the ones that have big things shoved down in there, doesn't that reduce the amount of wax in the clam?

I'm trying to weigh the visual appeal vs. practicality. They are attention-getting though..

I don't put embeds, I decorate the tops. Don't think it'd be right to give customers less wax because I stick big embellishments inside, lol.

Sometimes I also decorate the bottom of the shell, but this is more time consuming, have to wait for the wax to cool enough so it won't dislodge the decorations - and patience isn't a virtue of mine, lol

Very interesting feedback guys and thank you all!

I also love the look of these tarts and think it does add to the appeal of them. I also agree with Ravens in not adding any sizable embeds that would take away from the tart itself...

Still debating on using glitter or taking some of this super paraffin we got from another candle company when they closed and dye it, chip it or shave it and use that for the "glitter"... But I'll probably do what we all would do... Try both =)

Again, thank you all for your input on these and I'll be sure to post up some pictures once I get my testing done =)

I make Birthday Cake ellipso tubs and clamshells using the candy nonpareils with success, and it is my top seller; ran out at both shows the past two weeks. I bought the Great Value brand at Walmart for .82 for 2 oz. The ingredients are sugar, cornstarch, confectioners glaze, Red 3, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Yellow 6, Red 40, Carnauba Wax. Since I use a soft soy wax, this seems to work, but timing the thing is tricky. I do sometimes see some bleeding of color, but when I use it in my warmer the yellow cake colored wax does turn pink, and the little balls sink to the bottom and just stay there.

I used the same scent last winter with the name Snowflake Cake and tinted it light blue (it won't stay white, even with uv inhib) but it didn't touch the number of sales this year with the new name, color, and most importantly the sprinkles!

I make Birthday Cake ellipso tubs and clamshells using the candy nonpareils with success, and it is my top seller; ran out at both shows the past two weeks. I bought the Great Value brand at Walmart for .82 for 2 oz. The ingredients are sugar, cornstarch, confectioners glaze, Red 3, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Yellow 6, Red 40, Carnauba Wax. Since I use a soft soy wax, this seems to work, but timing the thing is tricky. I do sometimes see some bleeding of color, but when I use it in my warmer the yellow cake colored wax does turn pink, and the little balls sink to the bottom and just stay there.

I used the same scent last winter with the name Snowflake Cake and tinted it light blue (it won't stay white, even with uv inhib) but it didn't touch the number of sales this year with the new name, color, and most importantly the sprinkles!

Yes, I use those walmart finds also; dirt cheap and good sellers :-)

Who's up for a trip to Wally World tonight???

Thanks for the tips Bliss and what lovely work! I do think it just adds cuteness to the tarts =)

Now I was going to say something about wick trimming to you but... nevermind LOL