Is anyone else exhausted?

lsbennis

I basically have a show every weekend, sometimes two through the week before Christmas since the beginning of October and I'm already exhausted. I consider myself reasonably fit but these shows take a lot out of ya...lol :tongue2: Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad to have the business but its sure is a workout. Does anyone else feel this way?

Yep. Sore shoulders big time from finally finishing a marathon of getting ready for a 3 day event coming up...then got a big wholesale order yesterday (THANKFUL!). I wish people would all love candles all year long like we do instead of just going bonkers from October-December! I'm going to try to find events in the spring at least.

Just finished cleaning up from pouring my last one til my next jar shipment arrives and have now poured a nice, long cocktail. Ahhhhh!

Totally exhausted. *bubble bath*

I just bought a king size heating pad that I use everyone night on my shoulders and back.

My muscles are so sore from pouring and lifting all day!! OMG.. I am getting old..... santalol

lol...I know what you mean, what part of FLorida are you in Seamist?

Yes...I am cooked! I only have 3 big shows left and can't wait to be done. I am actually downsizing at year end and scaling back from a business to hobby again so it is a little bittersweet. i can't wait thave my nights & weekends back to spend with the family.

Every year I do shows every weekend from the beginning of May all the way thru to mid-December. I do get exhausted and when Monday comes around I feel like I have been beat up at a fight club!

But can you take a break?!! No!!!! Come Monday it starts all over again; make the candles, make the soap, package everything, pack everything, load the car... On top of it I am working 3 days a week so I have a limited amount of time to make everything.

I've gotten to the point where I dread website and wholesale orders. They end up taking extra time to make up orders when my time is already limited. Wholesale actually isn't as time consuming as filling website orders. I make a wholesale order along with my regular product making. But the website orders seem to always be so time consuming.

But I still wish there were more craft shows spread out through the year. I need to make more money in January, February, March, and April cause these are really slow times for me.

We are the same over here. Pouring candles, shrink wrapping, packing all week for weekend markets or parties. I had a market and a party last Saturday. Fun doing 2 in one day. Got home around 9 pm Saturday night, poured more candles, printed labels, went to bed to get up early for a flight to New Zealand for my full time job. Currently in New Zealand where I have placed orders, answered emails (as well as worked of course). Gly back Friday morning, pick supplies up in Sydney, drive 2 hours home, pour more candles, load car for a party on Friday night. Up early Saturday morning for the first day of a 2 day fair, both Saturday & Sunday. Finish around 4 pm Sunday, pack up, load car, drive home, inload car, put suitcase in and drive to airport for a late flight to Melbourne for 2 days work down there!

It never stops, so yeah we are tired....LOL Sure its nice but it will be nice to have a break after Christmas for the best part of the 2 hottest months of the year, where we will work on new products and testing, getting ready to begin it all again in March. Good fun, but bloody hard work. Most people have no idea what goes into it all.....

Cheers

Richard

We are the same over here. Pouring candles, shrink wrapping, packing all week for weekend markets or parties. I had a market and a party last Saturday. Fun doing 2 in one day. Got home around 9 pm Saturday night, poured more candles, printed labels, went to bed to get up early for a flight to New Zealand for my full time job. Currently in New Zealand where I have placed orders, answered emails (as well as worked of course). Gly back Friday morning, pick supplies up in Sydney, drive 2 hours home, pour more candles, load car for a party on Friday night. Up early Saturday morning for the first day of a 2 day fair, both Saturday & Sunday. Finish around 4 pm Sunday, pack up, load car, drive home, inload car, put suitcase in and drive to airport for a late flight to Melbourne for 2 days work down there!

It never stops, so yeah we are tired....LOL Sure its nice but it will be nice to have a break after Christmas for the best part of the 2 hottest months of the year, where we will work on new products and testing, getting ready to begin it all again in March. Good fun, but bloody hard work. Most people have no idea what goes into it all.....

Cheers

Richard

Oh my...you really got a crazy schedule. I agree most of my friends and family do not understand how much work goes into this crazy obsession...lol

I only do a couple of shows for that reason.....they are exhausting! I bring EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink. My display looks very nice, but I am always the last one out of there because I bring so much! Everyone seems to help me though cause they feel sorry for me, lol. I kinda wish I had someone with me, but I never have. Always do it alone, but I do this whole business alone. I like it that I don't have to pay for an employee, but it is overwhelming sometimes. My husband has had a little more interest lately and has been helping me get set up at my new location with the electricity and cosmetic (I always want to make everything cute, lol) stuff, but shows are my baby. He would never sit there all day like I see some husbands. I don't need him to sit though, just load and unload!

I just finished doing 6 shows in the last two weekends. Unbelievably the sales were crappy! Its such hard work but I don't mind when the sales are good. Last year I had my best sales yet but this year its been a real crapshoot. A number of shows no customers even showed up.

I have two more shows for Christmas then thats it. I just hope I can get some good sales. I am a bit discouraged how sales have been down in general for me all year. People just don't have money. Many can't pay their mortgage let alone buy a luxory like a candle.

But it's a good exhausted...right! I'm with you I have had 4 shows so far, plus have a show now every weekend up until Christmas, with a few weekday quick shows thrown in the mix. Bring it on!! Good thing we are having a quiet Christmas this year...because I'm going to be pooped.