Just Scent must-haves

Beth

cactus & sea salt is very nice--clean and green; bahama mama is nice, too. Her caramel cinnamon latte is wonderful and strong. The cranberry orange used to be my personal favorite, but the last bottle I purchased smelled different--not completely different but enough so I noticed the difference. The iced cinnamon buns is a nice cinnamon/vanilla and the pumpkin pie spice is strong and spicy, which I really like.

Lilac

Wild Currant Sandalwood

Pink Sugar

Cinnamon Nutmeg and Clove

Cranberry Orange

They had a Blueberry Cheesecake I dont see anymore that was wonderful so I switched to My Mamas Blueberry Cobbler and that is good

Red Mac Apple is amazing

I have lots of samples to test still with them but these are the ones I cannot go without so far

QUOTE=moonshine;929993]Lilac

Wild Currant Sandalwood

Pink Sugar

Cranberry Orange

They had a Blueberry Cheesecake I dont see anymore that was wonderful so I switched to My Mamas Blueberry Cobbler and that is good

Red Mac Apple is amazing

I loved the Blueberry Cheesecake!! They discontinued it for some reason?? I bought several bottles of it when they got rid of it and now am down to 1 bottle left. Is My Mamas Blueberry as good as the other??

QUOTE=moonshine;929993]Lilac

Wild Currant Sandalwood

Pink Sugar

Cranberry Orange

Red Mac Apple is amazing

I loved the Blueberry Cheesecake!! They discontinued it for some reason?? I bought several bottles of it when they got rid of it and now am down to 1 bottle left. Is My Mamas Blueberry as good as the other??

It is very similar- only lacking the cheesecake note which I didnt think that was prominent enough to really make a huge difference- It is a good strong blueberry however I see they now have the blueberry cheesecake ice cream- may have to try that!:cheesy2:

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch is at the top of my list to try because it's described as "toe curling," and it's one of their best sellers.

I am personally in love with that FO, I tried it based upon reviews here and it is toe curling in that it isn't too "artificial" or heady... if you close your eyes it smells like something out of a gourmet bakery. It is SO comforting, creamy, yummy, and unlike any other vanillas I have tried!

• 1 month later...
I am personally in love with that FO, I tried it based upon reviews here and it is toe curling in that it isn't too "artificial" or heady... if you close your eyes it smells like something out of a gourmet bakery. It is SO comforting, creamy, yummy, and unlike any other vanillas I have tried!

Have you tried the "Bodacious Buy" Buttercream crunch, too? I just got both of them today & OOB, I like the Bodacious Buy better...can't wait to try them both.

Have you tried the "Bodacious Buy" Buttercream crunch, too? I just got both of them today & OOB, I like the Bodacious Buy better...can't wait to try them both.

I haven't tried it - will be looking for your review - if they are the same/BB better I'm always in for saving $$!

I would be interested as well in your final results too!

I've only done melts with these so far, but they are very, very similar. The BB doesn't have as much vanilla (in the vanilla extract sense) as the other, but I had good results with both. I would be happy with the BB over the other, except I had issues with it blending. As soon as I put it in the wax, it balled up & I couldn't get it to stir in at all & I stirred & stirred & stirred..... I've never had an FO do that. I'll try it again soon and see what happens.

I find with the Vanilla Buttercream Crunch I have to be extra careful to mix it at 180 at least - if I don't prewarm the FO and it cools 180 wax I have to warm it back up to get it to mix good. Please let us know after you try again, still interested in results on the BB! Thanks for sharing!

I find with the Vanilla Buttercream Crunch I have to be extra careful to mix it at 180 at least - if I don't prewarm the FO and it cools 180 wax I have to warm it back up to get it to mix good. Please let us know after you try again, still interested in results on the BB! Thanks for sharing!

I didn't add the FO quite that high, but I did it the exact same way for both. Didn't have a problem with the VBCr. I'll post back after doing the BCr again.

Its been a long time since I ordered from them but what I remember most is they had the best Pumpkin Pie Spice. Smells just like a dupe of Yankees. Very strong and I loved it but refuse to order just one oil from one company. But I think they also carry Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter which is super strong and spicey you may need to lower your %.

I didn't add the FO quite that high, but I did it the exact same way for both. Didn't have a problem with the VBCr. I'll post back after doing the BCr again.

I used the BB Buttercream Crunch again & added it at a higher temp & it did fine. :)

• 1 month later...
Beth, have you test burned the VBC and the BB BC yet? What did you think of both? Curious of their BB line...tia

I'm way behind at tart-testing, but if I remember correctly, there wasn't that much difference. It was close enough to just use the BB version I believe.

p.s. haven't done either in a candle yet.

Edited by Beth

Pulled out a VBC melt that was about 2-3 weeks cured from JS and it only lasted 5 hours in my electric melter :( Am really wondering if JS fragrance oil's don't stay in my wax melts long enough and evaporate or just lose the scent. I tested a VBC after a 6 day cure a while back and it was SO strong and awesome. It was really weak and didn't even smell that good at 2-3 week cure.....strange. I stored it in a poly plastic bag that doesn't suck the scent out of the wax. I am testing some other wax melts I have of her's that did awesome after a 6 day cure (Clean Sheets to name one) and I hope it gives me great throw like it did at a 6 day cure...if not I probably won't be purchasing from JS again cause I don't have this problem with any of my other Natures Garden and Candlescience melts...they can sit in my poly bag for months and still throw an amazing scent....just strange.