Lip Balm Pricing

Candybee

I've been selling my lip balm in tubes for $2 each or 3 for $5. Just wondering what you all sell yours for. I know I should raise my price a bit but not sure what the average is now. Some of my customers have been surprised I don't sell them for $3 or $3.50 each. That seems high to me. Would love some input on this. Thanks!

Thanks for everyones help. I just did a farmer's market this weekend with my new prices. I sold them at $3 or 2 for $5. Nobody batted an eyelash at that price and most preferred the 2 for deal. So I will continue with that price this fall and see how it goes.

That's good to hear. I hope I see the same results at my craft shows this fall.

• 7 months later...
For the past year I upped my prices to $3 a tube or 3 for $5 and they are selling great at these prices. Hope I am not underselling myself.

3 for $5? That is a pretty steep discount ($5/3 = $1.66 each which calculates to about 46% off) for 3. Was that a typo? I don't usually discount much until a quantity of 5.

Do you mean 2 for $5 Candybee? I am guessing it was a typo. Your stuff is worth a lot more than that!

I still have my lip balms at $2.50 each. I do not offer bulk deals unless 10 are purchased. Then, I just give a free tube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I checked this thread before I started selling my lip balm. I had a big craftshow this past weekend and sold 29 tubes...I was dancing..So I sold 1 for $3 or 2 for $5, most people bought 2. There was another person selling hers for $1.75, but she wasn't selling much.