KY is GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

I am super bummed out! :(

I just went on the website to order some of her awesome Creme Brulee only to see that shes decided to quit :( :(

She is already OOS on some oils but thankfully the Creme Brulee was still there.

so sad

I just read that on FB too!! I'm really sad to hear it but understand that family comes first. I immediately went to place an order but she is already out of wax!! :-(

Thankfully I was able to stock up on a few of the oils I buy from her and my wicks.

I pray that someone buys the business from her!!

Karen

I pray that someone buys the business from her!!

Karen

I hope some buys it too!! I am so sad to hear this :(

I am glad she posted the info before I offered her scents in my fall fundraisers. Three of her oils are my best sellers too!!!

Now I won't be able to offer them..

Unless any of you know of dupes for

Zucchini Bread

Plumberry Spice

Hot Chocolate

I am SOOOO Bummed...

Zucchini Bread

Plumberry Spice

Hot Chocolate

I am SOOOO Bummed...

I have heard that Amish Friendship Bread from Miami Erie is Zucchini Bread....but that's only rumor because I have never tried it.

The others I have no idea.

She just posted on FB that she is getting tons of orders today and can't guarantee that she will have enough oils to fill all the orders. :-(

I'm going to need to replace:

Apple Butter Clove

Blackberry Sage

Christmas Past

Clothesline Fresh

Gardenia

Grandmother's Hot Toddy

Honeydew Melon

Ocean Mist

I'm just thankful it's not more!!

Karen

I hope some buys it too!! I am so sad to hear this :(

I am glad she posted the info before I offered her scents in my fall fundraisers. Three of her oils are my best sellers too!!!

Now I won't be able to offer them..

Zucchini Bread

Plumberry Spice

Hot Chocolate

I am SOOOO Bummed...

Try FMC's Cocoa Therapy for your hot chocolate. It smells just like the Hersheys Cocoa powder you use to make hot chocolate.

You might want to give CS Plumberry a try for the Plumberry Spice.

Don't use a Zucchini Bread but CS Banana Nut Bread is a good seller.

I am so bummed that KY is closing... been purchasing her KY125 for years plus all my favorite fragrance oils. Now I have to find new suppliers. Hopefully she will find a buyer. Anyone know where I can get the cotton wicks? I have been using her cotton wicks since I started. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It seems like I tried Grammy's Zucchini Bread from The Candle Source once and remembered it being very close to KY's ZB. Luckily I had downsized on her oils -- only have to find replacements for her Lemon Pound Cake and Toasted Marshmallow

My heart aches too. I'm sure she has her reasons for closing. I too wish her the best, and I too am going to have to find a new supplier to replace KY125, Plumberry Spice, Midnight Pomegranate, Apple Clove Butter, Sugar Cookie, Vanilla Butter Fudge, Vineyard just to name a few.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else...I use a number of her oils in mixes or alone. Not sure I want to go thru the time & money of retesting at this point. I'm fine with that, ...but I know others are really in a tailspin.

I've tried both & they are very different. But, CS Plumberry is nice - just not that same evergreen undertone.

Ky's and CS 's Plumberry are totally different.

KY's Plumberry Spice is a mix of Berries, Spruce and spice and VERY strong.

That oil to be one of the best oils I have ever used and sells like wildfire for me over the holidays.

Last year it was my biggest seller for in my fundraisers.

I will continue searching scent descriptions suppliers have listed and see if there is something remotely close.

In the meantime, I am going to have to discontinue this scent until I find a dupe or hopefully someone buys KY's Business!!!

Vickey mixes alot of her scents so it would be hard to find a duplicate. She has alot of her own blends on the site.Barbara AL

I know.. This crunch to get dupes is a nightmare!!! :mad:

Sick to my stomach yesterday ~ Upset and aggravated today at the entire situation!!! :tiptoe:

Edited by islandgirl