tried something new

kyme1911

I have seen a few CP soaps lately with scenes in them so I tried to do my interpretation of of Sedona AZ sunset. I have said many times that Gloria (aka Sockmonkey's) Red Sedona is one of my families favorite scents. So I thought my favorite place would make a great scene to try with our favorite FO. So here goes...Oh I might add that I was working on 2 batches at once. One was a high Olive oil to do a double column swirl and the other that sets up quick so I could make the canyon shapes sharper. But Miss Smarty pants mixed up the batches. But I still like it, next time I will focus on it only. :)

post-11142-13945848257_thumb.jpg

We have been to Sedona Arizona, it is such a beautiful place. Your soaps turned out perfect!

I also have the sedona fo, does it seize or discolor..I haven't used mine yet and would love to!

It's is a nice one to work with, no problems at all. I did used the recipe I had intended on using in another batch for a coulumn swirl. I would have liked it, if it had set up quicker so I could have made the red rocks more errect, but I will try it next time. lol

I think this is the way I will make this bar from now on. It is one of my most favorite places and scents. thanks

I'm sure it will on the washcloth, but it washes out. I only sell my soap to friends so as to earn the money to buy additional oils. This is only a 2lb batch to see if I could even make a scene, next time I can hold back on the intensity of color. But I make un-dye candles so I guess I love lots of color in my soap. IDK