Interested in becoming a supplier in VA

Mostly from the manufacturers. And the minimum orders are usually by the multiple pallet, skid, or trailer load. Very expensive to start. I looked into it a while back and decided not to do it. Besides, we have CandleScience right down the road.

Cheers,

Steve

French color has a minimum order of 25 lbs on their fragrance oil, just to give you an idea of the quantities and amounts you'd need to come up with in fluid cash. Another thing you might want to check into is how close your nearest supplier is, on both sides, and if you potentially have a good candle makers base there, basically are you going to have a worthwhile investment, or are you going to be sitting on a couple thousand pounds of wax?

Well I think it would be nice to have a wax supplier in Charlottesville, VA. I could easily drive there and Steve could probably as well since he's in Richmond. But what wax are you thinking of supplying? I use glass glow and have to get it from C&S or Aztec. Peaks is too far and shipping is too high.

This is probably why there are no suppliers in Arizona! HAAA! Sure wish there were.....

None here in Florida either. I have to keep my wax and FO in the living room so it doesn't spoil out in the shed or garage.

interesting thread. Arizona is dependent on Colorado, Texas or Los Angeles for candle supplies so I've been looking a bit too into this. Despite what folks say, the Chinese wax is pretty good and the price is awesome from alibaba

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/117617032/Paraffin_Wax.html

a metric ton is 2204 pounds and that price works out to 65 cents a pound. Some of their wax is lower in price. Looks like they have an FOB in the US (I think Los Angeles) and shipping from LA to Tucson is pretty darned cheap. IF this is the same or similar stuff that I'm buying from general wax (they state on their website that the was is Chinese) then I'm pretty pleased with the qualities. 3 percent FO and way, way, way higher with additives.

Edited by EricofAZ

There was a supplier in my state, Oklahoma, who did not buy from manufacturers, she bought from the Texas suppliers & then sold the supplies to us for less than what we'd have to pay to have it shipped from Texas. But she went out of business recently, after 10 years. :(