Alas, still in search of the perfect key lime pie fo

RWV

OK, I've tried numerous KLP scents, including but not limited to ICS, BCN, BCS, LS, and Ky--some were nice but just not strong enough or were strong enough but not true to the name. I was thinking of trying Maine-Erie's version (man, do they have a lot of in-house blends--anybody tried any of those yet that you really love?)

Does anybody have any other suggestions for key lime pie scent that burn without the dreaded fuel smell and that are true to the name? Thanks everybody!

How about blending a few FO's to create your own? CS's lime cooler is tart and sweet (and STRONG). Maybe add a little graham cracker (possibly even CS Hansel & Gretel's House assuming this is for candles and not B&B). It may need a little lightening up with a few drops of straight lime.

ETA - I just made a cotton ball sample of this at 1:1:1 CS Lime Cooler:CS Hansel&Gretel:NG Lime Cilantro - Yummmmmmm. I'm going to put this into some 4633 and see how it goes. Thanks for the inspiration!

Edited by TallTayl

Thanks jackbenimble. I've tried their key lime cupcake and just wasn't strong enough, but I don't believe I've tried their key lime pie:)

I just went to NG and they have several favorable reviews about their KLP scent. You may what to check them out.

Here's the link:http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/candlemaking-soap-supplies/item/rf-84/-Keylime-Pie-Fragrance-Oil-.html

How about blending a few FO's to create your own? CS's lime cooler is tart and sweet (and STRONG). Maybe add a little graham cracker (possibly even CS Hansel & Gretel's House assuming this is for candles and not B&B). It may need a little lightening up with a few drops of straight lime.

ETA - I just made a cotton ball sample of this at 1:1:1 CS Lime Cooler:CS Hansel&Gretel:NG Lime Cilantro - Yummmmmmm. I'm going to put this into some 4633 and see how it goes. Thanks for the inspiration!

Okay, I am holding in my grubby little hands a tart of Lime Cooler, a tart of H&G, and a tart of Lime Cilantro...eyeballing the empty wax warmer across the room...

Cheers,

Steve

I poured KLP from Miami-Erie in GB415 when I was testing for spring/summer scents. It has no fuel smell and is nice and strong. Not sure how true of a pie scent it was...my testers choice their Coconut Lime over the KLP.

You can use a variety of cream scents to make key lime pie. I blend lime, a touch of buttercream, and pie crust. It smells incredible and is a great seller. In my opinion, the lime is the most important of the blend. Go easy on it and make sure that it is a GOOD quality lime or the whole blend smells off.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Barb--I used several of their scents and was so disappointed when they closed shop.

After 10 years of searching -- there is none better than the key lime pie from Allure Fragrance -- no longer in business.

It was the absolute best and truest I have ever found. No fuel, just pure key lime pie

Last summer AH/RE had a Key Lime fo that was on clearance, at the time I was obsessed with blending my own Key Lime Cheesecake so I bought 3 or 4 lbs of it based on a sample I'd received. It's an awesome Key Lime fragrance, has just a touch of vanilla to it and it's a true Key Lime scent (former FLA resident here!) with no fuel smell. If you'd like a sample of it plmk, I'd be happy to send you one.

Edited by mzpickles

• 2 weeks later...

I just poured the KLP from NG...and I love it! It has the lime and the crust smell to my nose. Having never had Key Lime Pie though, not sure if my review of it is worth a hill of beans LOL. I have been to Key West several times and never once did I try the pie. I'm not a fan of lemon merengue so felt like I wouldn't like the lime either. Plus I always gorged out on dinner and never had room ;)

OK, I've tried numerous KLP scents, including but not limited to ICS, BCN, BCS, LS, and Ky--some were nice but just not strong enough or were strong enough but not true to the name. I was thinking of trying Maine-Erie's version (man, do they have a lot of in-house blends--anybody tried any of those yet that you really love?)

Does anybody have any other suggestions for key lime pie scent that burn without the dreaded fuel smell and that are true to the name? Thanks everybody!

I just tested Mill creek...it is the best one I have tried yet and it is on sale right now

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to blab all my trade secrets... I guess. I had a fairly successful wholesale business for candles and we had a fantastic KLP. I never could buy the right fragrance that I loved - so I created it. We bought Taylored Concepts Pie Crust and then combined w/ Alpine Aromatics (Sweet Lime). It was outstanding and we wholesaled into about 350 retailers all across the northern US. I hear Taylored is going out of business but that AAA is picking up their line. Then for Alpine - that is a manufacturer w/ a 25-35 lb min. You could probably call them and ask if they can rec a supplier who carries that fragrance oil. I did a 60-40 split of Lime to Pie Crust...

Kim