Coconut Oil Prices & Soap Business

Jeana

Maybe we should consider a drum coop??? I'll look into drum pricing. for coconut & palm.

Im thinking that this is about the best way to go about getting oils/butters..getting together with other soapers to pull together an order..itll save on shipping costs..but also makes sense environmentally..all I know is this sucks :(

Have you checked Soapers Choice? It's been the most reasonable at $80.50 per 50lb pail (aside from restaurant supply stores). I asked about drum pricing since I live within 60 miles of them and learned it wouldn't save anything. Add freight on to the drum pricing, then co-op fees and shipping and you're higher on per lb prices.

Depending on how much soap you make it is cheaper to get coco 76 and palm from Columbus Foods in the 7# jugs than a coop here. You have to pay a hostess fee and shipping to them and to you. When you average it all out you will spend more. That is what I started doing and I only joined the coop for Pko flakes as I didn't need 50 #s.

Depending on how much soap you make it is cheaper to get coco 76 and palm from Columbus Foods in the 7# jugs than a coop here. You have to pay a hostess fee and shipping to them and to you. When you average it all out you will spend more. That is what I started doing and I only joined the coop for Pko flakes as I didn't need 50 #s.

It depends on where it is shipped from too. I can get coconut oil from the grocery store cheaper than the 7lb jug from columbus & I'm only a few hours from chicago. There is a place locally where I could get 50lbs cheaper than columbus, but I'm small time and have no way to store that much.

It depends on where it is shipped from too. I can get coconut oil from the grocery store cheaper than the 7lb jug from columbus & I'm only a few hours from chicago. There is a place locally where I could get 50lbs cheaper than columbus, but I'm small time and have no way to store that much.

It would cost to much to get from the store for me. I can get what I need from Columbus for $15, which to me isn't to bad.

It would cost to much to get from the store for me. I can get what I need from Columbus for $15, which to me isn't to bad.

I hear that when I lived in texas I only ordered online for my supplies, unless I was really lucky finding it local.

I hear that when I lived in texas I only ordered online for my supplies, unless I was really lucky finding it local.

I have Texas Natural Supply close by so it really helps me save money when I only need a small amount of other oils. I couldn't imagine selling my soaps, it has to be hard on those who do.

Jen where can you get it cheaper than columbus? Maybe I should have them ship it to me.

Jen where can you get it cheaper than columbus? Maybe I should have them ship it to me.

PM me your email and I'll send you their price list. Last time I used them they didn't ship, but you might want to try to see if they will :)

• 5 months later...

That's why you list ingredients. I'll use a coconut heavy bar for a couple of days and then use a more conditioning bar for a couple of days and that way my skin is never too dry or too greasy. I like having glycerin inserts with a good cleansing bar and get the best of both worlds.

Steve