Totally Castille

Jeana

post-484-139458481212_thumb.jpg

I've never made a 100% OO soap before. It is scented with Sage, Lime, Spearmint, and Ginger. You mostly smell the Sage, then the Lime. I didn't use anything to color it. I can't stop smelling it. :cheesy2: And I have to say I think it was the easiest soap I have ever made. One oil, hmmm can't mess that up!

I have heard so many people now say they can't have coconut oil, so I thought it was time. This is only 2 weeks old and it is much harder than I expected. I'm also getting a much better lather than I thought I would without castor, CO or Palm.

Edited by Jeana

Thanks you guys :) I've been testing it lately. Better bubbles than expected. I gave my little dog a bath with some last night. He is sensitive to shampoos. Does that mean my soap has been tested on animals now - haha.

Candybee - just go for it. This was seriously the easiest batch I have ever made! Just punch in the amount of oil you want in the MMS lye calculator and that's it. I do recommend using the least amount of water or as close to it that you feel comfortable with, this will help with how soft it is when you take it out of the mold.

I don't seem to get the slimey feel other's talk about. I'm looking forward to making a couple more scents now.

I used pomace so I don't think it smells as strong to begin with. I smelled it a little at first, not so much now. Also the EO blend is an herbal smell so it is either complementary to the OO scent or it covers it. I'm planning on staying with EOs since I'm making it for sensitive skin. I don't know how it would be with an FO.

• 3 weeks later...