Double Scented Smelly Jellies

I love the idea of layered candles with different scent in each layer, but I didn't think you could do that with Smelly Jellies or if anyone has tried it so I tried putting the scents side by side instead of ontop of each other. It actually works! I just cut a divider from the cover of an ice cream pail, and put it in the jar, put the 2 different scents on each side and slid the divider out.

post-12477-139458478352_thumb.jpg

post-12477-139458478354_thumb.jpg

Edited by shimmerglo

OMG, those are just like mine, you are copying me. LOL, just kidding!! Like the look of the side by side. Just some constructive critism, I would work on the labeling. A clear gloss label would really show off the product.

Cheers,

Steve

LOL well too bad! JK!! I was going to go with a clear label, but money wise, the regular address labels worked for me right now. And I wanted to try something alittle different too. I try to get my "creativeness" on with the Smelly Jellies when our bloodhound puppy is sleeping (which is like NEVER! lol) But, I think they look cool and wasn't just something I copied from someone.

Should try Red - White - Blue.

Great idea. Smelly jellies are hot!

I'll try that today when the puppy is asleep. I could make all three colors scented Warm Apple Pie since it's the "all American dessert" (I think, if I remember right lol)

And with the blue and white one in the picture, the blue is just BARELY seeping into the white. The white has a super duper light blue look to it, but it still looks good. And the Peach and French Vanilla one, neither colors are seeping into each other, each side is still very "seperate". Pretty much the same with the Downy Fresh and Fresh Linen one.

OMG, those are just like mine, you are copying me. LOL, just kidding!! Like the look of the side by side. Just some constructive critism, I would work on the labeling. A clear gloss label would really show off the product.

Cheers,

Steve

Where do you guys get nice-looking clear gloss labels? Online? Which is better, gloss or frosty? Are they cheap?

TIA

I'll try that today when the puppy is asleep. I could make all three colors scented Warm Apple Pie since it's the "all American dessert" (I think, if I remember right lol)

And with the blue and white one in the picture, the blue is just BARELY seeping into the white. The white has a super duper light blue look to it, but it still looks good. And the Peach and French Vanilla one, neither colors are seeping into each other, each side is still very "seperate". Pretty much the same with the Downy Fresh and Fresh Linen one.

You could do apple pie a la mode! :yay:

Simply awesome!! :cheesy2:

Check with Online Labels to get the clear ones.

Thanks everyone! I know it doesn't take a rocket scientist to make smelly jellies, but silly little me was just proud of my "idea".

I have checked Online Labels and even for the price you pay, you don't get the amount you would as if you just getting plain white, matte labels. And since I was kinda strapped for money, I figured the white labels would be better than either handwritten or nothing. I do plan on switching to them in the future though!

And thanks country bee!! :)

Edited by shimmerglo

I gave in to curiosity and checked out Etsy (usually don't visit it as I find myself overly critical of everyones stuff, LOL). I think your smellies look pretty good. I still think you should undercut them on the price, though (meow, LOL). As far as the clear labels, I usually use labelsbythesheet.com for my labels, unless they don't have a particular size, then go to Online Labels. Labels by the sheet has better prices on small quantities, and the labels work better, IMO. And for whoever asked, glossy labels look better on jars, IMO, the matte labels don't "disappear" on the glass, but stick out.

Again, nice smellies, keep up the good work :smiley2:.

Cheers,

Steve