Business Credit Card number Stolen and Used. Heads Up!

I wondered the same thing if someone didn't hack into Paypal. I am considering closing the card once I get the charges all straitened out. I don't want a card that I am going to have problems with. Scary thing is all the other info Paypal has like Checking Account Numbers and Debit Card Numbers. I might just close my Paypal Acct all together and request new Debit Cards from my bank.

I can't get the charges removed until I get all the paperwork back to them and they "investigate". So as of right now I'm still on the hook for the $230.00 that the crooks charged. Like I would have bought 2 train tickets in Madrid, lol. But once they remove the charges the Paypal Mastercard might go bye bye.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason you are seeing purchases from all over the world is because when hackers get your number they "sell" it to people around the world. Then those buyers use your card once or twice and dispose of it and purchase a new stolen number. Everyone be vigilant about reviewing your statements daily!

I've made the decision that from now on all my online purchases are going to be paid for with a pre-paid Visa card. I can get one thru my bank and have it loaded as needed...or heck, I can get one at my local grocery store!

It's going to be a pain but I would rather go thru that inconvenience than having to keep closing out CC's due to some low-life hacker who has nothing better to do than make hard working people's life miserable by stealing from them.

There is a special place in hell for these people!!

I got the call from my bank Friday 3/5 for fraudulent activity on my card also.

My most recent purchases were from amazon and also used PayPal at some suppliers. All with my business card. My first charge was from Great Britain for $175.00 then next was an attempt from Apple Online Store. Bank caught them and declined them, canceled my card.

I've made the decision that from now on all my online purchases are going to be paid for with a pre-paid Visa card. I can get one thru my bank and have it loaded as needed...or heck, I can get one at my local grocery store!

It's going to be a pain but I would rather go thru that inconvenience than having to keep closing out CC's due to some low-life hacker who has nothing better to do than make hard working people's life miserable by stealing from them.

There is a special place in hell for these people!!

If you get a card with BOA they have this thing called safe shop..

I think this is the way I am going to go from now own. This is totally ridiculous. http://www.bankofamerica.com/privacy/index.cfm?template=learn_about_shopsafe

This is the SECOND time my biz card and biz info has been stolen the last year! I use a certain email with all my biz purchases only and that is the one the crooks used to open a paypal account with after they stole my CC info last January..

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88794&highlight=paypal+account

Someone's account is not secure who we are ordering from!!

Edited by islandgirl

Wow, I just checked my account and they hit me, too! Never thought of checking on that before! I went to a coffee shop in New York, traveled to California to a Blizzard shop and then tried to buy stuff at the Apple store! Wow - it is enough to Pi** you off! Luckily my bank had already put the transactions on hold! You should NEVER take for granted that you are safe anymore! Pathetic! The only company I have ordered from that is common with all of yours is Peak. I don't order from CS or SKS............I don't use my paypal card I sit on that money.......... My last purchase from Peak was on 1/6/2011

Suzie

Edited by waxandwhimsy
add to comment

Island Girl...thank you so much for the Safe Shop info. That's so smart, now why can't all CC's offer that!!

Sorry this has happened to you before...what a PIA!

Sure makes you re-think the whole credit card thing!!!

We had hits on our Business Discover Card. Last month I thought it was a fluke, but then again the other business card for that Discover account was hit yesterday. Luckily Discover fraud unit works fast and declined all the activity since it was not our typical spending.

I have been following these threads since I got a call from my bank but just shrugged it off as I have been ordering from itunes lately. Now I have a $159.60 from some Blizzard online store that I never heard of.

I've been using paypal alot lately, ordered from NG, Moonworks, and use itunes so who knows who could of been hacked even though I bet the rest of my money in my bank which isn't much at all that it was paypal.

Edited by mindy5140

I just found this thread and I was hit too on March 3rd. And then I had more charges on March 5th.

Mine started through my Paypal debit card with charges for Xbox Live, Apple Itunes.

Then because my business checking account is connected as backup for my Paypal debit card and my American Express card they were also hit.

I had charges on all 3 cards for Hillsdale College, and more Xbox Live, and a bunch of other places.

I had to report all 3 stolen and now have to wait for new cards.

So frustrating!!! After reading all the posts, I am not wondering if this didn't happen because of Paypal.

I thought that it was because of Xbox Live because my son's subscription was supposed to renew.

So weird how so many people got hit on the same day! I think I am going to change some things in my Paypal account so that I don't have all those accounts connected to Paypal.

What a mess!!

Redflag there... Paypal MasterCard...were any one elses cards cleared through suppliers/amazon/etc... that are paypal users?? The only reason I mention it is because I had a problem 2 years ago when Paypal was compromised.

I was just on my paypal account and noticed I did have my business card as a back up payment method.....so they have my cc info! The other cc that I had compromised back in July was our "household" card that was also listed as a back up method with paypal. Sooooo I am wondering if all the other people that had cc compromised all had their business cards in paypal's data base?

It is not SKS I used my replacement cc 2 weeks ago and it is fine. I think it is either CS or JS.

When reviewing where you have used your credit card you have to look all the way back to last Summer.

Like I said before I had not used my Discover card in over 2 months and I had not ordered at CS since last August.

When reviewing where you have used your credit card you have to look all the way back to last Summer.

Wouldn't we have to look back to everyone we ever used the card with? If they store the info, it could have been stored for years. Why just last summer? Am I missing something?

Not into warcraft nor is anyone else in my house. I canceled the card, went to cancel my paypal account and it said I couldn't because there was a transaction going through. I haven't bought anything in days so don't know what that's about unless it's that blizzard thing, but that showed up on my bank statement so I thought that was through my bank.

I don't know, so for now on I'm going to use a prepaid visa and order my things that way.

Wouldn't we have to look back to everyone we ever used the card with? If they store the info, it could have been stored for years. Why just last summer? Am I missing something?

No your right.. It would be EVERYWHERE you used the card.

I have a different card on paypal. The one that was compromised was never used through Paypal.

I never used my card through paypal either (except through Berts a couple weeks ago, 1st time) I was just wondering if you have it as your back up, which I think you have to have w paypal.

I never used my card through paypal either (except through Berts a couple weeks ago, 1st time) I was just wondering if you have it as your back up, which I think you have to have w paypal.

I have a different card as my back up on Paypal.

I've only had 1 charge show up on mine and it was back in Sept. It was for Strawberry Cosmetics in Hong Kong for 7.00 Chase caught it and reversed the charge. There's been nothing else since then, but, I am checking everyday. I've even set up alerts on my cc to send me emails whenever my card is used even if it's for 1.00

When I started the original thread I wrote that my 2 business card numbers had been stolen. While I used my MasterCard at a lot of places online I only used my Discover Card to buy candle supplies. I have used that card at JS and CS nowhere else.

My Discover card was not linked to my Paypal but my MasterCard was but my Paypal account is fine...so the problem is not with Paypal.

While the cc numbers were stolen 2 weeks ago I had not used the Discover card for 2 to 3 months and I had not ordered from CS since last August.

Some people might have had problems coming from other sources but I am 100% sure that my problem came from the supplier.