Business Credit Card number Stolen and Used. Heads Up!

OK- related places I've used HIS card specifically in the past six months, because thats the one that was affected:

Peaks

Candle Science

SKS

thats it... I use my card or my paypal mastercard for everything else. Nothing weird on my paypal (I'd know right away I check it all day long because of orders) and nothing weird on my card, which is on the same account as DH's card but has different numbers... im trying hard to think of anywhere else it could have been used but I cant come up with anything...

Candle Science and Peaks here. No SKS, unless they are related to specialty bottle.

Steve

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, there could be another possiblility for all this...it may not be a hacked site. It may be ...and I don't know the exact terminology here...but you could have clicked on something on the computer that allowed someone to get into it and into your accounts. How many have clicked on the links in some of the spam posted on this forum before it was removed? How many times do we hear about things on the internet that we shouldn't click on because then someone will have access to everything on your computer? Some of these links aren't to destroy your computer files, but rather to gain access to your personal information.

I've been getting daily, sometimes twice daily, updates from my security program for website authenticity, anti phishing, etc. And for the first time since I've owned a computer, I've been getting moderate to high risk attacks blocked within the past few weeks.

My bank even has a security program that you can download for free to use as added protection with your own security program to protect your accounts.

Just saying...:tiptoe:

Edited by Bernadette

You know, there could be another possiblility for all this...it may not be a hacked site. It may be ...and I don't know the exact terminology here...but you could have clicked on something on the computer that allowed someone to get into it and into your accounts. How many have clicked on the links in some of the spam posted on this forum before it was removed? How many times do we hear about things on the internet that we shouldn't click on because then someone will have access to everything on your computer? Some of these links aren't to destroy your computer files, but rather to gain access to your personal information.

I've been getting daily, sometimes twice daily, updates from my security program for website authenticity, anti phishing, etc. And for the first time since I've owned a computer, I've been getting moderate to high risk attacks blocked within the past few weeks.

My bank even has a security program that you can download for free to use as added protection with your own security program to protect your accounts.

I agree that it could just be a coincidence. But it seems like an awful lot of people who order candle supplies from the same suppliers are getting fraudulent charges in the same week. We would be remiss not to explore this possibility.

Oh, I totally agree. I was just saying that after reading this thread, there doesn't seem to be that much commonality in the suppliers used. Maybe the posters just haven't listed all the ones they use. Just throwing something else out there for you all to consider.

Knock on wood...I shop/buy online all the time and haven't had any problem at all, and I use some of the suppliers mentioned.

I know it's been alot of "candle people" that have gotten hit. I was just throwing out another possibility. Let me ask then, did any of the people that posted problems here click on any of the links in the spam that was posted on this forum before it was removed? That could be the problem. :tiptoe:

Me neither. Those of us that have been affected are responding through pm's to islandgirl. She is making a chart to try to find the common thread. I called my cc company today. No unauthorized purchases. So that is good- stopped them in their tracks! They were trying to change my email addy so as to have full access to my account. That is when the cc company called me. Thank goodness.

island girl- this place, right? http://us.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx?region=US&CurrId=US$&langBox=US

thats too much of a coincidence for this not to be connected somehow.

Yep.. They charged 9.01 early in the morning. I called my CC company and then 3 hours later the big $800 charge came thru for a Spanish website selling baby junk..:rolleyes2

To much of a coincidence IMO that both our cards were used at the same place. They got our numbers from someone we all use!!

I don't click on links either.

If that was the case, then my other CC's I use for personal use on the web would have been compromised too.

It was only the card I use for candle supplies that was hit!

It may not be the suppliers that were breached, it could have been their banks or CC Merchants??

But is definitely someone we all use

Edited by islandgirl

Yes, but in that case my personal card would also have been compromised and that is not the case.

My Discover card was only used to buy candle supplies. Also this card had not been used since December 2010...and the numbers were stolen 2 weeks ago.

nope dont click on links and our computer is double-triple protected... DH is a wizz with computers... I really believe its either an employee at a supplier, or a breach.

double checked and CS, SKS, and Peaks are the only places I've used that card- my other card (business account) I've used at NG, Peaks, CS, SKS, The Sage, Chemistry store so on so forth... but nothing weird on that one at all.

I agree its just too much of a coincidence we all got the same KIND of activity.. same websites and such.. for it not to be somehow connected.

My fraudulent charges were to Crutchfield in VA which sells stereos, speakers, etc., and to Clinton Industries, a medical equipment supplier. That one really threw me.

Brenda - wow, your person must have thought you were rich!

unfortunately, I'm joining this thread. My card was compromised, too. I've ordered from about a dozen suppliers in the last month replenishing my Spring and Summer oils and lots of samples.

My card was a Visa and the fake charge was from G Potato in Ireland which is video games. I think these criminals sell the CC numbers to anyone and everyone via internet and that is why all of our fake charges have no rhyme or reason.

Bank is sending me a new card.

How awful to read about the fraudulant charges and not knowing which supplier may have been compromised. I have only placed orders with 2 suppliers, and thankfully I have avoided this. I'm worried now, I did intend to place an order this week with a new supplier...have they traced it yet? If someone knows which supplier, could you PM me?.. please?

Thank you

Add me to the list of people with their credit card numbers stolen. I got a call from my Paypal Mastercard on the 3rd. Someone used my card to buy 2 light rail tickets from some place called Renfe in Madrid Spain.I have only used this card a total of 4 times. I have others that I prefer to use over it. So far none of the other cards have been compromised. I've been trying to figure out how they got the number. The only supplier I've used it at is Fillmore Container in November. The other 3 charges were done in my hometown for gas. I am with the other poster. Whoever is doing this must be sharing credit card numbers because the charges people are getting hit for are all over the place.