Business Credit Card number Stolen and Used. Heads Up!

My Biz Credit Card Company called me for some large purchases made this morning that I did not make...

http://www.strawberry.net and http://www.pulguitas.com

were 2 of the places charges were made.

Over $800.00 was charged at the pulguitas Spanish store for baby goods. :rolleyes2

So heads up and check you business cards that you made purchases with.

I have my card on hand, so either a supplier got hacked, or I did. Did a scan and my computer is locked down and all my other CC's are fine with no unusual charges.

Thought I would give you all the heads up just in case a supplier did get hacked. :tiptoe:

Edited by islandgirl

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine toom just got a call today from Fraud Prevention Services.....wondering if one of the supplier sites I recently shopped over the last week got hacked....

That is why I posted here to see if there is a connection. I only use this card for business purchases online.. Interesting indeed..

Thanks Kitn... I am glad too it was caught and stopped. :)

Edited by islandgirl

Mine too. I got a call on Monday. I don't use that card much. Its kind of my back up card. I got called because they were trying to use last year's number and the card expired at the end of 2010. The last four digits of the new card are different.

Don't Know who it is??

I posted thinking it had to be a supplier since that is all I use this CC for.

We will have to figure out a common supplier for all of us and ask them???

Or hopefully the supplier will let us know that they were hacked and give all their customers a heads up!!

Or the supplier may not even know they have been hit yet???

Suppliers if your reading this.. Check your security settings please.

Edited by islandgirl

One of my cards that I use for a couple suppliers had a bogus charge last week also. There was a $0.00 charge from Apple online. Fortunately I caught it and cancelled the card the same day. They were trying to make sure account was good before they charged something. Have to check which supplier I used it with, as I made lots of purchases with it last week. Also a few months ago my Discover was used to make a purchase online that was refunded the same day. Discover caught it before I did and sent me a new card. Lots of hackers out there these days.

Steve

I am always curious when these things are reported and wonder if it involves just one or multiple card companies? Did the hackers just hit one company Discover ~ or is it across the board including Visa, Master Card and AmEx?

I am always curious when these things are reported and wonder if it involves just one or multiple card companies? Did the hackers just hit one company Discover ~ or is it across the board including Visa, Master Card and AmEx?

Mine is a Visa..

But they hit a company some of use here on the board use to get the information from...

Edited by islandgirl

Mine was a Visa and I was called because it was last year's card number. It expired in December so it was declined. I received a call from the place where it was trying to be used and from my credit card company.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96965

There was another thread on this a couple days ago. I made an error in my post though. It was Mastercard that called me on Sunday not Discover. Who knows who it could be though? I make purchases several times a week with that business card. All the suppliers we talk about here and USPS. Could it be them?:confused:

Edited by Dana

There was another thread on this a couple days ago. I made an error in my post though. It was Mastercard that called me on Sunday not Discover. Who knows who it could be though? I make purchases several times a week with that business card. All the suppliers we talk about here and USPS. Could it be them?:confused:

Interesting that it was M/C and discover that were hit last week. Now we all have Visa's this time.

WOW.. Someone we all use was breached big time.

Those that were hit -

Did you use USPS or UPS on this card too?? Could be them.

Edited by islandgirl

I posted that 2 weeks ago...both my business Discover and Mastercard numbers were stolen...the Discover was only used to buy candle supply online so I am pretty sure this is where it is coming from.

Maybe we should make a list of suppliers where we've all used our stolen cards.

I posted that 2 weeks ago...both my business Discover and Mastercard numbers were stolen...the Discover was only used to buy candle supply online so I am pretty sure this is where it is coming from.

Maybe we should make a list of suppliers where we've all used our stolen cards.

I have been getting PM's regrading suppliers used and trying to narrow it down to one supplier that we all used. :sad2:

My VISA has a $1 hold on it for a company out of California, placed at 330am this morning. Called the bank immediately and they have flagged the card as stolen so whoever is using my number SHOULDN'T be able to get anymore than the $1. Am so thankful that I checked my card this morning!! Just hoping the bank doesn't screw up and let them take more!! Now to wait 7-10 days for a new card!

BTW...this is my personal card, not a business card...I use it for everything so hard to pinpoint where the breach might have come from. But I have ordered from 3 suppliers this week. :-(

I got a call last night from a jewelry company asking if I had just ordered $1500.00 worth of gold jewelry on my business Mastercard, which I did not. (this card is only used for candle supplies). They called because their policy for first time orders is that the billing and shipping addresses must match. And immediately prior to this call, a charge to my account was made by West Indies Airlines. I cancelled my card immediately and met with my bank first thing this morning. What a pain!

Mine was my Visa Debit Chase card...last Thursday. They bought Microsoft Xbox Live points in the total of $150.00. Luckily I caught it right in the middle of them making charges. While I was on the phone with the bank and Microsoft the charges were coming through. The bank stopped my card and has issued a new one. Microsoft cancelled the 2 new accounts immediately while I was on the phone. Waiting for the money back still...issue with the bank, not Microsoft (they were great). On my way to the bank in a minute.

Microsoft said it had to be an online purchase because to set up an account with Microsoft they have to have my name and address.

Trudi

Edited by NaturallyTru

KarenOH, that is how it began with my card, showing one or two $1 charges. The bank says that's usually a give-away that something illegal is about to happen to your card. Apparently they charge $1 to see if all is clear with the card. If it goes through then a few days later you see the big item charges.

I tried to chase them down the best way I could. Went to the local police station to report credit card fraud, but because there's so much of it going around, they now give you a web address to report it to. I did, but it does you no good. I think it isn't much more than a way to keep track of the number of illegal transactions.

As far as my bank can tell, the fraudulent activity originated when I used my card at Amazon.com - some $200 worth of iTunes. The bank credited my account within a couple of days (iTunes referred me to the bank... lots of help there:rolleyes2).

The advice I received from both bank and credit union is to use prepaid cards when shopping on-line. They realize it may be an inconvenience for us, but they claim it's a consumer's best bet.... so that's what I do now. I want to minimize the chance of another "freaking out" session on my part!

HEY- that strawberry.net is one my husbands card that got hacked was used for... I have used that card for supplies but only once or twice maybe- because generally I would use mine thats on the same account, but mine was NOT affected.. I wonder if I can do some backtracking and see what supplier I've used it for.. I'll try!

island girl- this place, right? http://us.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx?region=US&CurrId=US$&langBox=US

thats too much of a coincidence for this not to be connected somehow.

Edited by LuminousBoutique

The charge on my card that I knew I didn't make was MassiveGood CA.

I checked them out and they have a website plus a page on Facebook. Here's an explanation of who/what they are....

MASSIVEGOOD allows travelers to make a micro-contribution ($2,£2,€2) towards major global health causes every time they buy a plane ticket, reserve a hotel or rent a ....

Hopefully by my bank cancelling the card this morning that will be the end of it...but when she said SHOULD stop further transactions..that did not exactly re-assure me!!!

OK- related places I've used HIS card specifically in the past six months, because thats the one that was affected:

Peaks

Candle Science

SKS

thats it... I use my card or my paypal mastercard for everything else. Nothing weird on my paypal (I'd know right away I check it all day long because of orders) and nothing weird on my card, which is on the same account as DH's card but has different numbers... im trying hard to think of anywhere else it could have been used but I cant come up with anything...

Edited by LuminousBoutique