Business Credit Card number Stolen and Used. Heads Up!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hit over the weekend. They used my debit card number for my business. Over 3600.00 of charges in the UK. They purchased things at a guitar, organ & drum stores, travel lodge, perfume, etc.

I use many suppliers, the same as you do.

This is very..........upsetting and disturbing.

I was alerted on another forum that you all are having the same problems. I got the first call over a week ago with one card, and then another call this past Saturday. My first card was overnighted since it's the one I use all the time. The other I have not used for over a year or two but was still open. My suppliers match some of those that have been talked about here, and I am suspecting one in particular now. I know I ordered from them when my older card was the one I used, and then the other card last summer. I was hit two years ago, also.

I wanted to add my name to the list of compromised cards. I had issues with the Discover card that I have been using for my candle & soap supplies. Below is a list of suppliers that I purchased from for about 2 weeks before we were alerted there was a problem. We were alerted to the problem the week of Feb. 14.

Essentials by Catalina

Candle Science

Bitter Creek North

Midwest (Gelluminations)

Nature's Garden

Elements Body & Bath

Candles & Supplies

Scentimental Gifts, Inc.

We have since gotten a new number for the Discover card and I have checked the other cards that I use on occasion (Visa and Mastercard) and neither of them have had problems.

I wonder if it could have happened through authorize.net? A couple of the suppliers mention they process through them...

I have not been hit (knock on wood) and have been watching my accounts like a hawk. I have had 4 cards in the last year on the same account compromised though so I sure feel for you guys.

Hey guess what? Yep Discover card has bogus charges now. This is the new card I received a couple months ago because of the same issue. In the last month I have used this card at Jarstore, OBI, NG, Fillmore and Peak. Charges are for all kinds of things all over the country, so not just one person using it. Also tracked down a ship to address in Drexel Hill, PA. May have to check it out next time I am in PA...

Well, have to go clean my baseball bat...

Discover was very helpful in immediately getting rid of the charges. Think I will start making art out of all my "closed due to fraud" credit cards.

Cheers,

Steve

This is getting too funny, just called Bank of America to check on that business card and guess who answered...fraud protection, LOL. Seems like they have declined multiple charges over the last few days from many of the same places you all are getting hits from. In the last month, used this card at NG, CS, Candle and Supplies. So someone has a serious breach and I am going to get a pint of Ben & Jerry's and forget about it, LOL. So lets sum this up...3 cards hit that I use to buy candle supplies. No cards hit that I do not use to buy candle supplies.

I see a pattern here.

Cheers,

Steve

I also had some bogus charges on my business card. But earlier than most of the people here. I had a web hosting company charge for a website to my card on 9/22 and then again on 10/22 when I discovered it. About two weeks before 9/22 I placed an order from BCN and Candle Science.

The card was terminated shortly after 10/22.

I have two cards that are in the name of my business, they were both hacked. The one card is a debit card that I used only a couple times back in 2009, I then started using a credit card so I could receive reward points. Everything I purchase for the business I use that credit card even if its a pack of napkins. The first card to be hacked was the debit card, for a vaction, tickets for a sports show in UK, & a credit report. The credit card got hacked with xbox charges. There were other charges but they were stopped by the credit card company.

The only places I ever used that debit card at in 2009 that would have a copy of it on file would be the following companies...

Natures Garden

Bittercreek

Fillmore

Candle Science

Candles & Supplies

Is there any way we can find out which of the following companies were hacked?

I am wondering if our orders would have had to have been recent. I'm sure the suppliers keep our info on file indefinitely.

Hope I did this correct. I'm thinking because places keep these numbers on file might be the problem. There is only one supplier I buy from that doesn't look at my card when I'm checking out, they just ask me if I'm using the card ending in XXXX on file to pay. The card that got hacked first was a debit card that I haven't used since 2009, so that tells me its not from recent purchases. Right?

Well, just had a call from the CC company to check on whether some new attempts at purchases on my debit card were me. That card was cancelled last week after the first attempts to fraudulently use it were declined. Just an fyi.

Edited by mzpickles

• 2 months later...
My credit card just had over $600.00 charged to it. Unfortunately I have only used it for candle supplies. Card is canceled!

Island Girl got hit again too...if you haven't already checked out her thread, check it out!!

Sorry it happened to you...I've been hit twice so know how frustrating it is!!

Not hacking, but I'm having a problem with lonestarcandlesupply. Put in an order Thursday night for $134.31 and it would not go through so I abandoned the order. Never got to the final page. Yesterday two debits showed up with two credits for this exact number. I figured they would cancel and disappear. They did. Today two more debits showed up from lonestar for the same exact amount, no credits. So I assume they will both go through and I'll get a double shipment.

What a hassle. I so hate online purchasing. Monday I'm very busy and probably won't be able to call these folks to tell them to get their act in gear.

I'll go to Peak tonight to get the order in and hopefully, lonestar will get their website repaired for my next order.

Edited by EricofAZ

Hi islandgirl,

Business credit cards incidents are very common these days and serious steps should be taken to prevent such lose.

We must keep checking our business credit cards details on regular basis to check misuse of cards.