What? Meijer carrying Yankee Candles?

Dana

Meijer started in Greenville MI by Hendrick Meijer as a little grocery store. Hendrick once was a barber in town. Now is a massive company.

Hendrick's businesses had a trend of burning down and then he rebuilt in a bigger lot. :tiptoe: Probably coincidence but gets hinted at here by old timers.

Trudi

Someone gave me a Yankee candle for Christmas - Balsam & Cedar. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I opened it. Cajones...but that's a different story. I could picture him in the store - "Well, she likes candles" - DUH!!! It's the thought that counts :rolleyes2

At first I thought it smelled really good. I burned it for awhile - it gave me a headache, and just pissed me off in general.

I gave it to my sons to burn in their apartment. I did notice that there is ALOT of hangup.. You'd think that with all of their experience, they could solve that problem.

Just had to share that. :smiley2: A little off topic, I know...

Edited by nursenancy

Someone gave me a two candle set, one was Christmas cupcake which I'm burning now..I don't have one poured candle in my house.....I'll be pouring for orders over the next three days so I'll make some for ,myself...the other Yankee candle in the set was unremarkable.

Someone gave me a Yankee candle for Christmas - Balsam & Cedar. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I opened it. Cajones...but that's a different story. I could picture him in the store - "Well, she likes candles" - DUH!!! It's the thought that counts :rolleyes2

At first I thought it smelled really good. I burned it for awhile - it gave me a headache, and just pissed me off in general.

I gave it to my sons to burn in their apartment. I did notice that there is ALOT of hangup.. You'd think that with all of their experience, they could solve that problem.

Just had to share that. :smiley2: A little off topic, I know...