the candlemakers store

samandkennasmom

I just poured tarts today using the Banana Nut Bread, Country Berry Hotcakes, Vermont Maple Syrup and Buttercream scents from the Candlemakers Store and WOW, they are awesome! On the website it says you can use less of the Grade A oils (which is what I have) because they are alot stronger but I used the same amount per pound that I do with all my oils...1.5 oz per pound of wax. The Vermont Maple Syrup is a little different than I thought but it is a great scent. I was hoping for a Mrs. Butterworth's kind of maple syrup, however this fo is just like the name...pure Vermont Maple Syrup. Definite thumbs up from me!! :thumbsup:

There's been several threads on their oils. I can't believe you haven't been able to find any after searching here.

What pisses me off about them is no descriptions, and with weird names like "Old Crow" or whatever that was you can't get any idea whatsoever about the scent. I found out later on that that "crow" something or other was a bakery scent and I would have been mad to high heavens if I'd ordered that. I DON'T care much at all for bakery scents (there are a few exceptions) and they're doing their customers a huge disservice by not giving us an idea what they are.

They say call them and they'll be glad to answer scent questions. So I called a couple times. Nobody answered the phone, and it was in the middle of a business day. So then I sent an email listing quite a few I was curious about. What did I get in return? An email telling me to call them! :mad: I gave up.

I posted this before in another thread asking about CMS. The only ones I have used are Gain, Honeydew Melon, Niagara Falls Mist and Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. They were all great. As for the scent descrip, I emailed them once about a scent and they emailed me back within 24 hours and gave me the description. Be sure to post your results if you get anything.

We use a few of their FOs, I do not notice a difference between A and B strength. I asked them if there were some scents they recommend that should be used A strength and they would not answer that. It seems that they just want you to do trial and error. Now I also have asked them questions about some of their scents - no descriptions...

Obviously Lavender Vanilla is self explanatory, but some other ones, WTF could they be?? They simply respond that I should purchase a 1oz bottle to test it. We do not purchase 1oz bottles for something that we have no idea what it could be. Overall the strengths are not that strong. Compared to every other company I buy FO from, the consistency is extremely thin, almost water like, not oily at all. Also, some scents like Sweet Pea and Hazelnut are NOT true to what you would assume they would be.

We actually do not use any bakery/ wiinter scents from them. We like lav vanilla, mac apple and coconut... But, HT is weaker than others suppliers, even in their A strength. PM me with questions if you like.

I refuse to do business with a company that will not return calls or emails. Their customers service is lacking IMHO. I think it's crazy to have different grades of fragrances, it's a bunch of crap. Difference in strength? No thanks. If you want to tell me one grade is a different composition than the other in order in order to warrant that cost difference - that's acceptable. But this is not what I understand from their explaination - I read "one grade is is more concentrated" does that mean the lesser grade is diluted! So if I buy the lesser grade I am getting something diluted? I think that is biggest joke ever! Combined with their refusal to return calls and emails, I won't be buying.

I have always had great customer service with them. They are extremely nice and I use a few of their oils and get all my wax, jars, clamshells etc from them.

We have all probably ordered from other suppliers that do have descriptions, and when received was disappointed in either the strength or the smell OOB.

I think it's crazy to have different grades of fragrances, it's a bunch of crap. Difference in strength? No thanks. If you want to tell me one grade is a different composition than the other in order in order to warrant that cost difference - that's acceptable. But this is not what I understand from their explaination - I read "one grade is is more concentrated" does that mean the lesser grade is diluted! So if I buy the lesser grade I am getting something diluted? I think that is biggest joke ever! Combined with their refusal to return calls and emails, I won't be buying.

This. I totally agree.