Ok now what do i do, what would you do?

Lisa

I went to place a order for lip balm flavor, jars, fragrances, lip balm base and thats about it, from Bitter Creek well due to them doing inventory i can't place a order cause i use money orders. I do not do pay pal or have a credit card. So with that being side what is the next place i can find all of these items in one place? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Is there any reason in particular you don't want a paypal account? I'm just asking because its much more convenient for me to use my account (which is linked to my checking account) than to go and buy a money order and then send it. :smiley2: Just a thought.

No pay pal cause i heard to many bad things, I do everything with money order.

There's nothing bad that's happened with paypal that I know of. Curious what you've heard. If you're thinking the scam emails, then I am guessing you aren't on eBay or don't have a bank account since those are scam favorites it seems.

I've never heard of a single bad thing happening with paypal..except for buyer disputes..etc. etc.. but as far as using them as a method to pay for items they ROCK! They are as secure as a bank, and their credit AND debit cards are secure and offer many benefits..such as 1.5% cash back on purchases (which is like getting a nice little discount every time you use it) It adds up quick and it shows up instantly with every purchase..no waiting. It's just such a convenient way to purchase, I hate to see someone going thru the hassle of the money order thing, especially when lots of places won't take 'em.

I suspect you may be referring to people like me who've been stiffed. However, it was in no way PayPals fault. I purchased through the classifieds. The seller was the fraud. She disappeared with money in any form, even MO. If you're doing business with a reputable supplier, any form of payment will work.

Hmmm I think paypal is way better than a MO. IMO. IF you lose a MO thats it, it is like sending cash through the mail.. At least with paypal you have documentation. Besides it is faster than snail mail, and you can set it up and order by the end of the day today. I have had paypal for over 5 years, and to be honest I have never had an issue. It was ebay who I had an issue with.

Most banks will issue you a Visa debit card. It works just like a regular debit card in that if you don't have the money in the bank then you can't use it.

Both my 14 and 16 yr olds have a Visa debit card. I don't do credit cards at all so it was great when the banks came out with this. The money order thing can be a real pain if you want to order supplies online.

I too use paypal and have a debit card with an account specifically set up for my candle making biz. We have done well over a hundred transactions involving paypal and have never had an issue. Paypal is as safe as your secured online bank account. Also Bittercreek is a very reputable company and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to order from them through paypal or with my debit card. (If fact I ordered wax from them today, LOL!)

I think the suggestions given to you are very good. As you can see from what the others have posted, Paypal can be a very useful tool in purchasing items online. If you do not feel comfortable using Paypal, opening a separate account for just your supplies and using a debit card would also be a good option. When you purchase online, check for the gold lock icon at the bottom of your screen, which indicates you are ordering from a secured site. There is very little risk involved in ordering online this way.

I am going to make a business out of this, but i don't see why i need to use pay pal. I will NOT have a web site, i am just selling in my home town when i do start selling. Thanks for all the ideas, but pay pal is out of the ? Thanks anyways. I will just wait tell after the first of the year or order from some other place else. I know bitter creek is a great company thats where i always order from.

Hugs

hon, just get a paypal or debit card account. it doesn't take long to sign up and there is a page on security tips there that has great guidelines.

i look at it like this...if i want something from X supplier, than i would get a paypal account or debit card to order. especially if they were who i ordered from in the past and plan to order from again. besides..each supplier will have different stuff...and BC has their base and flavors made specially for them, other suppliers won't have the same. even if you only use it once, it's kinda nice to have. i have had mine for ever and never once had a problem...