cracklin birch soap

debratant

Rae....I have no idea how the crackling happened. The only thing I can think of is I used beer as the liquid. Not sure why it happened. It looked nice and smooth going into the mold. I don't think my beer was as flat as it should have been. Only opened it the day before so I'm wondering if that was it? I don't know but I really like the way it turned out.

I'm usually so disappointed in most of my soap as far as looks go. Never usually what I see in my head.

Thanks everyone for looking.

Debbie, whatever you did made an awesome soap. I make beer soap all the time and never had something this cool happen to my soap.

Rae....I have no idea how the crackling happened. The only thing I can think of is I used beer as the liquid. Not sure why it happened. It looked nice and smooth going into the mold. I don't think my beer was as flat as it should have been. Only opened it the day before so I'm wondering if that was it? I don't know but I really like the way it turned out.

I'm usually so disappointed in most of my soap as far as looks go. Never usually what I see in my head.

Thanks everyone for looking.

Thanks again you guys.

I was thinking about it last night...my beer was room temperature when I added the lye to it. It also had only been opened, poured into a plastic cup and sat overnight. There were obviously still bubbles to the beer, though it didn't really volcano or anything. The lye water did turn pretty brown.

Could it have been a combination of room temperature beer and the fact that it still had fizz? I had forgotten to put the beer in the fridge because I've moved all my soaping stuff into our empty rental (we own a duplex) and there is no fridge there so I just plain forgot lol.

I'm going to try this again in the next day or two and duplicate what I did.

I'll let you know how it goes :)