My Website - Please critique

Hey guys, I just got my new and improved website pretty much finished. There are a few things I still need to do to make it 100%, but I would say its about 90% done right now. I did it all myself. The design, logo, and product pics were all done by me! What do you guys think? Especially my product pics, do you think they look good? And also, I have my shipping estimator set up for USPS, if you guys want to try that out too and make sure it works ok for you, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much everyone!! :rolleyes2 I look forward to your feedback!!

I had to increase to 125% to read it. On my computer the font is SMALL.

Also how do you pick a scent for the candles?

Oh I forgot to say that the shipping estimator worked well. I always like to know that in advance. Good job.

Edited by adillenal

The prices do seem awfully cheap. Looks like you are just starting to set up your candles cause I don't see any descriptions or candle names so I can't tell you as a customer what I think. But so far the pictures look nice but not all of them fit on the screen (the 16 oz candle) when you click for a larger image. The site looks nice.

I haven't set up my fragrance options yet, but I should have them on soon. As for the font, I also thought it was a little small, so I will go ahead and increase the size. Also, what is it about the size that is wrong? Are the pics to small, too big? I use mozilla firefox and the larger image looks fine to me. Thank you all for your feedback!

Your site looks great and the pictures look just fine to me, although I am running a very high resolution.

Also have to agree on your cheap prices. It does not cost me much less that what you are selling for to produce a 10 oz apothecary jar, so I am also glad that I am on the other side of the world to you :)

When you click on the picture for a larger image, I think on some screens the picture is bigger than the screen. Now on my monitor (which is a very large one) the image is all there. BUT even with this huge monitor the print is still very small. But when I enlarge the picture I can see every detail on the label which is nice.

And your prices are about $5.00 per candle lower than others I see selling the same thing in my area. I would raise the prices now before you get stuck selling too cheap. Just my opinion.

When you click on the picture for a larger image, I think on some screens the picture is bigger than the screen.

Yes. This happens with the 16 oz so if you are going to load more pics you will want to be careful of that. You want as many browsers (your customers) to be able to view your lovely candles without part of it being off screen. Also, I would crop them a little tighter, less background and more candle. It took me a while to figure that out doing my store but the cropped pics improve the looks and interest of your product. It might also eliminate part of the pic being off screen.

Thanks so much for all of your help! I really do appreciate it. Today, I am going to up the font size, and crop my pictures and change them to a smaller resolution. As for the prices, based off of most candle stores around here where I live, they are only $1-2 cheaper than most. Also, I price my candles at about 3x my cost, so I still have a great profit margin. How much do you guys mark up your prices? I know some say 4x cost, but that just seems a little high to me. Thanks again everyone!

I like the layout of the template & it's very easy to navigate. The lettering is kind of small & the white is a little blinding for me. The pictures look great. It's nice and clean which I like not cluttered.

I sent you a pm about a question I have for you.

As for the prices, based off of most candle stores around here where I live, they are only $1-2 cheaper than most. Also, I price my candles at about 3x my cost, so I still have a great profit margin. How much do you guys mark up your prices? I know some say 4x cost, but that just seems a little high to me. Thanks again everyone!

If others are selling at 1 to 2 dollars higher then I would price my candles higher. Going lower won't increase your business in my experience. AND it is harder to increase prices after you establish a clientele.

Thanks so much for all of your help! I really do appreciate it. Today, I am going to up the font size, and crop my pictures and change them to a smaller resolution. ...!

Don't know your level of expertise with css but you can widen the page by changing your wrapper width size (currently 750) in the stylesheet. Might help if you set the font larger in the body statement (i.e. 75%).

Edited by Judiee