My first whipped soap

JacquiO

Very nice JacquiO......I'll have to try it one of these days soon. Since the PA Gathering, I'm trying all kinds of new soaps so this will have to be tried as well. Is it done as a cp, hp or is it a m&p? How long is the cure time? Keep up the good work.

Nancy

Very nice JacquiO......I'll have to try it one of these days soon. Since the PA Gathering, I'm trying all kinds of new soaps so this will have to be tried as well. Is it done as a cp, hp or is it a m&p? How long is the cure time? Keep up the good work.

Nancy

It's CP soap. Same cure time as standard CP. There's no need to gel.

Here's the tutorial. It's pretty fool proof. Just be sure to chill your lye solution overnight. It really thickens quick once the lye is added.

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/coldprocesssoapmaking/ss/whippedsoap.htm

Thanks Everyone!

Edited by JacquiO

Looks fantastic Jacqui! I've never tried to make it myself, but I had the pleasure of using a bar of whipped soap in a swap a long time ago. It was one of the best soaps ever! Yours looks so indulgent! I bet it's going to be one fabu bar!

Thanks for sharing the site Jacqui. I am going to give this a try just as soon as I get some lard. I don't normally use it in my soaps or in my kitchen so it's not something I have on hand. I love the idea of having time to play with the colors.

Very nice!

I made whipped soap a couple of years ago when Nizzy and I had an online get together. It didn't sell very well so I stopped. Good luck on yours!

Oh, I wonder why that was the case?

I don't really sell soap right now. I just wanted to formulate a nice foot scrub bar and I decided to go whipped because if you drop it while scrubbing your feet it floats and you don't have to search around for it. The only thing I would do is add more pumice. I added 8 tbsp to a 2lb oil batch but I think I could have added a whole cup. It's still too rough for overall body use but for the feet it could be even more coarse.

It's not even fully cured yet but I've still been using it and it makes my feet feel nice and soft afterward as opposed to the pedi-file I used that makes my feet feel so dry.

I wonder if this could be done vegan? I know its suggested you use ALOT of hard oils, and I cant imagine having 80% hard oils without using lard... but my customers expect vegan from me and i advertise I sell only vegan soaps... maybe I'll give it a shot and let you guys know if it works. I think I'd have to use crisco in place of the lard...

I wonder if this could be done vegan? I know its suggested you use ALOT of hard oils, and I cant imagine having 80% hard oils without using lard... but my customers expect vegan from me and i advertise I sell only vegan soaps... maybe I'll give it a shot and let you guys know if it works. I think I'd have to use crisco in place of the lard...

There's no lard in my whipped bars. I used coconut, crisco and pko for my hard oils.

awesome! :yay: I was thinking this could be made into frosting for cupcake shaped soaps... or a big mess.. either way, its soap.. hehe

Me too! I was thinking of trying some cp cupcakes for x-mas. You can pipe this whip. It's pretty thick.

Edited by JacquiO

Me too! I was thinking of trying some cp cupcakes for x-mas. You can pipe this whip. It's pretty thick.

I just made a batch and piped some onto my pumkin pie soap, it looks fantastic!! It was a little loose, I think I didnt whip it long enough, or I should have done a water discount.. but it worked well enough! I did make a bit of a mess because I made a really large batch for my kitchenaide... 42 oz batch and it filled my 42oz mold, plus a whole silicone mini brownie pan, and the "whipped cream" blobs on my pumpkin pie soap.

I'm going to try it again with the water discount and see if I can get it a bit thicker next time. It was super easy to make just like you said and really fun!!

heres a pic of the pumpkin pie soap..

46915_10150265497350078_511570077_14699255_7661840_n.jpg

sorry so big, cant resize facebook pics for some reason!

I just made a batch and piped some onto my pumkin pie soap, it looks fantastic!! It was a little loose, I think I didnt whip it long enough, or I should have done a water discount.. but it worked well enough! I did make a bit of a mess because I made a really large batch for my kitchenaide... 42 oz batch and it filled my 42oz mold, plus a whole silicone mini brownie pan, and the "whipped cream" blobs on my pumpkin pie soap.

Luminous, your pumpkin pie looks fabulous. I can't wait to see what it looks when it's hardened and sliced into wedges. You could do so much with that. Banana cream, lemon meringue, chocolate creme, coconut creme! What an awesome idea.

What did you use for the crust?

I didn't do a water discount either but I whipped the heck out of it.

Luminous, your pumpkin pie looks fabulous. I can't wait to see what it looks when it's hardened and sliced into wedges. You could do so much with that. Banana cream, lemon meringue, chocolate creme, coconut creme! What an awesome idea.

What did you use for the crust?

I didn't do a water discount either but I whipped the heck out of it.

Totally! so many ways we could go with it.. cake too!

The crust is just some bars of pumpkin CP that has about 2 weeks cure on it.. so still pliable and "mashable". I shredded it and pressed it into the sides of the pie pan with my hands.. it was kinda sticky but the end result is cute! Its darker than I wanted, but thats OK.. we'll call it burnt crust, hehe :laugh2: