What to mix with Bayberry

Candybee

My favorite bayberry blend is called Rustic Jeans...from Wildfire Creations.

http://www.wildfire-creations.com/Candle_supplies2.htm

It is fantastic! You could check out what's in it and try to mix it yourself. Well, it may be kind of hard to do. This is such a unique, awesome scent.

lah lah lah lah lah lah.....I can't hear you! :laugh2:

I've been playing around with a couple of apple combinations ...

50/50 Macintosh & Mistletoe ... awesome cold & hot throw, both from CS

25/75 Macintosh & Bayberry ... another winner, both from CS, rename Bayberry Orchard

I also mixed equal parts of Cranberry Marmalade, Pumpkin Souffle and Cinnamon ... not so good. :eek:

I was cleaning out my FOs to make room for fall scents and found two 1 lb bottles of Bayberry Cinnamon from Fillmore Container. Together I have about 14 oz of BC so I guess I will use that for now.

Candlebuddy-- I like the idea of mixing Mistletoe with something. Ever since I discovered this oil from CS I have to have it in stock year round. So do you like the Mac & Mistletoe? Do you have a name for the blend?

I also thought of mixing Mac & Bayberry, Bayberry & Cinnamon Stick, or Bayberry with Mac & Cinnamon Stick from CS. I got the idea from C&S that has a Bayberry Apple Spice. Of course I may just end up getting that but I think the oils from CS generally have a nicer scent and throw than ones from C&S. Hope that makes sense.:rolleyes2

For Cranberry Marmalade (CS) I mix with straight Orange (C&S) at 75/25% for a Cranberry Orange Spice. This became my bestseller in soap and candles last year so I am using it again.

With Pumpkin Souffle (CS) I mix in about 10-15% Amish Harvest (Peaks) for a spicier mix. Use AH sparingly as its pretty spicy and will overpower the pumpkin scent.

Edited by Candybee

Candybee ... mixing Mistletoe with Macintosh is a hit with everyone who sniffs it. If I color it green, I will name it the obvious, "Mistletoe & Macintosh", if I color it red, I will name it "Macintosh & Mistletoe".

I also got the idea of mixing Apple and Bayberry from the C&S's Bayberry Apple Spice. Mixing it is stronger than the one from C&S.

I'm gonna try your mix of Cranberry Marmalade and Orange, it sounds great. Thanks for the idea.

I am thinking of seeing how the bayberry and butter rum would blend?

Call it "Bayberry Rum".Or Essence of Bayberry,Bayberry Bliss.(mix of bayberry,rum,mint).I like coming up with names and such..

Or mix orange,apple..and cranberry and call it"Bayberry Harvest"

I am thinking of seeing how the bayberry and butter rum would blend?

Call it "Bayberry Rum".Or Essence of Bayberry,Bayberry Bliss.(mix of bayberry,rum,mint).I like coming up with names and such..

Or mix orange,apple..and cranberry and call it"Bayberry Harvest"

Oh, that sounds awesome! Where do you get the Butter Rum FO?

Don't know about Butter Rum but Fillmore Containers carries the most awesome Butterscotch Brulee. Darn I don't have any left to test.

Candlebuddy- I'll have to give the Mac & Mistletoe a try when I get a chance. Actually, I think I may have a little of each left. I like to first test a scent combo by putting a little of each oil into my tart warmer bowl. If I like the scent blend then I try it in a test candle.

Edited by Candybee

Candyebuddy, let us know how that works for you. I love the bayberry apple spice scent from C&S, too, but it just isn't strong enough for me, so I was thinking of mixing my own as well. Good luck!

Candlebuddy posted that the Mac and Bayberry was a success. Thats enough for me to try it out.

BTW-- I just love C&S Bayberry Apple Spice. But like you and Candlebuddy its not strong enough to suit me. I want more apple and more spice! So I'm gonna try the Bayberry & Mac!

I wonder if CS Cranberry Marmalade and Bayberry would make a good combo? Have you tried that one Candlebuddy?

Candybee, no I haven't tried Cranberry Marmalade with Bayberry, but I've been thinking about it! I tried mixing it with Pumpkin Souffle, but I don't care for that combo. Although Cranberry Marmalade is a good seller, it's not a scent that I really like ... and I find that it's not really a good mixer for me. I'm gonna try mixing it with orange, but it gets me frustrated because I'd like to find a combo that I'm really excited about.

I'm not a big fan of cranberry myself but I do like CS Cranberry Marmalade.

This year I am adding CS Sage & Pomegranite to my fall lineup. I was just thinking maybe the pomegranite will be a good mixed with the bayberry; sage, bayberry, pomegranite. It sounds good. Hmmm....