Does Pink Sugar Turn dark in M&P

8-GRAN-ONES

I did a swap recently and someone made a bathbomb in pink sugar and it was a nice pink color. So I ask if she used the vanilla stabilizer and she said no her products never turn brown. She used the pink sugar from Backwoods. I never got around to trying it because I dont order from there, but it is on my things to order list.....after i finish getting my supplies for the holiday season.

Sheli.

I use NG Pink Sugar and it turns brown unless I use their Vanilla White. I made some a few months back & the pink is still pink, the white is still white. I've never tried any other type of vanilla stabilizer (I'm new to B&B) but the Vanilla White has worked in everything I have trued it in thus far.

I did a swap recently and someone made a bathbomb in pink sugar and it was a nice pink color. So I ask if she used the vanilla stabilizer and she said no her products never turn brown. She used the pink sugar from Backwoods. I never got around to trying it because I dont order from there, but it is on my things to order list.....after i finish getting my supplies for the holiday season.

Sheli.

I think the OP was asking about color change to M&P. Bath bombs are made with different materials.

In answer to the OP's question M&P will definitely turn dark, brown, or even completely black using Pink Sugar. Vanilla Stabilizer may help, depends on the base and oil combo. Not all bases are the same and not all Pink Sugars are identical.

I actually use the Vanilla Neutralizer from WSP with my C&S Pink Sugar with good results. Stabilizer never worked for me but this seems to take care of the browning for me. I have Pink Sugar M&P soap that I made BRIGHT pink using WSP Pro Base (white and clear) and mica last fall and the colors are still the exact same as the day I made it.

The Neutralizer is for use in lotions, etc but it works like a charm in M&P for me too.

• 3 weeks later...

I never had any trouble with Pink Sugar turning brown until l used it in Goats milk base then it turned a really horrible dark brown and yet l have coconut ice slices from a couple of months ago which are still as pink as ever.I really don't like adding things to the base that are unnecessary but l am starting to think maybe l should add it just in case. .