NG Fo's & Flavors

beau's mama

I hadn't been to NG's site in a long time and I was pleasantly surprised to see it revamped...makes me wanna buy from them again LOL. I purchased from them a few years ago and really didn't like much when I put it in soap.

I gotta get some lip flavors for my neice's "end of the summer party" in September and have no idea what's hot at NG and what's not. Figured since I want to get the flavors, I may as well try the fo's again.

Are any of you using their flavor oils? Any good recs? What about the fo's? I'm particularly interested in the "NG Originals". Anyone CP'd any of them?

TIA

Sharon

I love NG Fos! I just placed an order with them and I picked a few flavor oils to try as well. I haven't tried theirs before.

Some of my fav NG scents are..

Blue Hawaiian

Pink Sugar

Lemon Meringue Pie

Frosted Lime Cupcake

Orange Cream Cupcake

Pomegranate

Mermaid Kisses

Almond Macaroon

Sugar Cookie

Garden Gate

I could go on... lol Oh, I use them in CP, HP and B&B stuff :)

I simply adore NG's fo's..I don't cp..just m&p, lotions, gels, sugar scrubs, tarts, etc. I'm totally in love with their Loving Spell fo..can't get enough!! Made lotion, sprays and reed diffusers out of it..really nice.

One thing I really like are the customer reviews. Really helps when choosing. Noted several of the flavor oils had some good reviews. You might take a look at them and see if anything appeals to you.

I use alot of NG fragrances. Their Pink Sugar and Fresh Linen are staples. Also, Raspberry Zinger works especially well in candles. People went crazy for that scent! One of my faves is Green Apple Candy. It works very well in MP/candles/body sprays. I've CP'd Curve for Men (which is one of my absolute faves in soap, although be aware it discolors slightly violet) and Dude (jury's still out about that one....) and I LOOOVE their chamomile fragrance. Alot of reviews said it was weak but I have a bar that is a year old and it still smells great! I am heavy-handed with my fragrance and soap it at 1 oz ppo, so maybe that has something to do with it too! LOL They have so many new fragrances! I'm going to have to break down and buy a sampler pack or two so I can try some that sound neat. :) I haven't tried the flavor oils but I am thinking about a few. I hope others post how theirs work for them. You'll have to post what you bought and how you like it!

• 3 weeks later...

I love NG fragrances. I have gone thur a pound of Monkey Farts and Dragon's Blood in 2 weeks. It seems like thats all I am making, I have tried trick or treats, raindeer poo, loving spell, and berry bewitching brew. They all smell great and big sellers for me.

• 4 months later...

I ordered some Nature's Garden scents after dilly-dallying over their site for a couple of weeks. I got:

Bamboo Hemp

Blarney Stoned

Cracklin' Birch

Fountain of Youth

Green Amber

Kama Sutra - Desire

Kama Sutra - Dr. Feelgood

Twilight in the Woods

Wild Wild West

Witching Hour

That seemed to be a nice variety of different scents (green, fruity, sexy, resinous, guy scents) to sample. I hope those do well in IGI 4627 (container) and 4794 (votives). If they don't I'll relegate them to melt & pour soap.

I also ordered some incense cones and the yogurt multi-base. Maybe this will keep me out of Bath & Body Works for awhile. :D

These NG's scents have been best sellers this season in B&B , for me...

Niagra Falls

Satsuma ----> cannot keep this in stock, it is a wonderful scent

Craclin Birch

Christmas Memories

Extremely Sexy for Him

Lemon Sugar

Yuzu --------------------> cannot keep this in stock ,either

• 1 month later...

I've had very mixed results with NG's fragrances in candles. Some of the really good ones:

Peppermint, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, Christmas Splendor, Chocolate Cherry, Dark Chocolate(but smells more like chocolate frosting), Chocolate Amber(no chocolate smell but very nice amber scent), Chocolate Cherries, Seduction(not sexy, but very nice gardenia type smell), Amaretto, Jamaican Vanilla Cafe.

Some of the duds:

Hippy Christmas: smells like medicine in soy wax.

Texas Barrel Cactus: really gross soapy smell.

Cabernet: smells like very sweet grape candy.

Vanilla Champagne: overly sweet, smells like ginger ale or 7-Up.

Chocolate Strawberries: smells like overly sweet candy to my friends, smells like coconut to me.

Aphrodisiac: not sexy and not very strong, but an okay, sort of citrusy/honey type smell.

Midnight Romance: if you like Old Spice, this is romantic.

I"ve started buying more from BC and Peak as their scents seem stronger and more like what is described.

• 1 month later...

I would also love to hear more about their Flavor Oils and people's experiences with them. I'd like to try Coconut and Mango flavor oils specifically. Has anyone used MMS AND NG that could give a comparison perhaps?

ANY reviews/help would be appreciated!

Flavor oils: (all used sweetener)

Black Cherry - fantastic. My #2 seller overall.

Frozen Margarita - very good. Nice lime.

Chai Tea - Very good.

Bubblegum - more like gum balls, not like the pink bazooka I was hoping for

Coconut - couldn't taste a darn thing

French Vanilla - OK. Good as a blender with Peppermint

vanilla Bean - OK. Good as a blender.

HTH

Thanks! That's a drag about the Coconut! Coconut is one of my top selling flavors...though I don't notice much scent of it in my balm either. I've used MMS...have you used theirs? (if so, any comparison?) Is this the "new flavoring coconut" they have listed at NG?

Do you "sweeten" your balms or just use flavor oil?

I don't even see Chai Tea...they must have discontinued it. :sad2:

That's fantastic to know about the Black Cherry Boom. I was debating about that one.....I better give it a try! :cheesy2:

Anyone else have any feedback on their Flavor Oils?

@rachelb: I have tried a couple of coconut flavors alone and in blends, and was not happy with any of them. Was thinking about trying VCO in the blend for more coconut scent/flavor.

I sweeten all of my lip balms that I plan to flavor.

The only flavor oils I ended up getting from NG were Vanilla Smoothie, and Tropical something... I really liked them both! I have the sweetener from MMS, and I used that with them.

I used the Vanilla to mix as well and it was very nice that way too! :)

I haven't tried any flavors from WSP. I HAVE tried some from MMS, AH/RE and Elements. My next batch of flavors is coming from Get Suckered. Can't wait to see if they are better than the lip safe FO's for lip balms.

In case you're curious about any other vendor's flavor oils I've tried, here ya go.

MMS: I didn't like any OOB and almost didn't try them in balm. Glad I DID though :)

Grape - surprisingly good

Pomegranate - Very good

Huckleberry - Very good

Mango Mango - something 'chemically' in this one to me

peppermint EO - very Good alone and in blends.

AH/RE:

Asian Pear: something chemically that didn't agree with me.

Chai Tea: Very Good ( I think I accidentally listed this one under NG - Sorry about that!

Coconut milk and Peaches - Very weak.

Mango Peach Fusion: Something chemically in this one

Orange Sorbet: Very good

Pink Lemonade: I can't decide if I like this one or not.

I don't like AH's sweetener much. Element's version is working well for me though. Need to try MMS after the good things I hear about it.

Elements:

Honey flavor: Very good. Good seller. Pretty realistic.

Oh yea - Tried Bulgarian Lavender FCC from TSW. It's interesting, but not my cup of tea alone. With vanilla it's pretty nice.

I know there are others out there I've tried that didn't make the cut.

TTFN :)

Thanks for all the advice/reviews. I think I'm going to just order from NG this time around and see what's what. :)

I have "carts" at WSP, NG, and MMS right now so thus the debating about Flavors.....now is the time to add to any and all the carts to save on shipping. LOL (Minus WSP, of course since shipping is now included in the price.)