What have you CPed from....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buttercream - great, no accel, turns dark brown

Chocolate milk - I've done in milled, discolors light brown so I assume it would in CP too

Clean Cotton - used in a blend, no accel no discolor

Coconut - used in milled, smells great

Fresh Coffee - no accel, great smell, my soap is dark brown because I added in some vanilla.. so I dont know if it browns without it

Gardenia - WHOA accel, WHOA overheat (especially with my wood molds)... bad news bears, so I only use it with milled and HP.. it smells like a dream though

Plumeria, same deal as the Gardenia

Honeysuckle Jasmine - discolors to a creamy tan, no accel but does get quite warm

Love Spell - perfection

Lime Cooler - perfection

Ocean Breeze - perfection

Peach - perfection

Strawberry Shortcake - LOVE. perfection

Sun Ripened Raspberry - only used in HP

Sweet Pea - only in HP.. but its very nice

Very Vanilla - discolors dark brown (of course) nice otherwise

Watermelon - discolored weirdly, kinda traced fast.. I ended up milling this down and rebatching because the colors didnt come out right the first time.

White tea and Berries - so perfect.

I have cp'd mistletoe and its super strong and a sticker for me. OOh edited to add it does discolor, darker than tan but not chocolate/dark brown. I love this scent.

There are a few reviews on the soap review board have you checked there? I check before I try but not all are listed.

I am thrilled you have started this thread so we can gather some more information.

jo

Edited by curlycoat2

I'm pretty sure the only CS sent I've done in soap is Strawberry and unfortunately I ended up scraping the batch. After it cured, you could barely smell it. I suspect a significant amount more FO would be required to get this scent to hold up to curing.

My list of interest:

Apples and maple bourbon (was it?):

Basil and herb:

I want to know about cedarwood vanilla (can't imagine it)

Coconut lime (must get more I think I was told that lol)

Oh maybe I'll try their Drakkar

Honeysuckle Jasmine ... very nice scent.

Wonder if Moon Lake Musk is similar to Southern Soapers? If so, oh SYR don't you dare pass on this!

Sage and pome might be interesting.

Scented the Coconut Lime faded pretty fast in my goat's milk CP. I used 1 oz/lb. and within 3 months I had a pretty unscented bar. :( I was hoping it would come back a bit in the shower........nope!!

i definitely second the violet lime, which also works well for me in my soy. i love this one, tho lots of people on the list seem to really dislike it.

another one i didn't see mentioned is their lavender which was my very first CP soap fragrance, last june. all i had at the time were CS oils because till then all i was making was candles.

i'm really glad you started thing thread SYR! i see a lot of my FOs listed.

scented just saw your list. the sage and pom is very nice in soap also, i can still smell it in a small piece of soap from last june. it's definitely lighter now, and i haven't made any more soap with it, but heck, even the warm vanilla sugar i got in a niagara falls hotel lost it's fragrance in a year!

Edited by dogmom1
add a thought

Moon Lake Musk is for candles only:sad2:

Oh and I don't know how it performs in soap, but the coconut lime verbena is so much stronger than the coconut lime. So, that may be one to try.

Oh bummers, but the smell from the one I have from SS is hubba hubba.

I checked the review board first... it doesn't have what I am looking at from there.

My list is:

Vanilla Lace

Meadow

Brown Sugar & Fig

The ones that I found on the review board and/or a search from here are:

Cranberry Marmalade

Sage and Pomegranate

Lemon Verbena

Apples and Maple Bourbon

Himalayan Bamboo

and a couple of others that are for wax only.

When I ordered the sample of Meadow, it said candles only. But it is now listed on the site as B&B safe.

I did email them and ask if the sample I got from the sale was also B&B safe. I am awaiting a reply.

I have the violet lime. I only ever tried it in wax and it didn't sell worth a diddly.

WooHooo!!!!!:yay:

I got a reply about the Meadow FO.

Here it is:

I apologize for the confusion. We originally identified the Meadow fragrance incorrectly. It is skin safe, so you can use it in your bath/body products. We're in the process of re-labeling the bottles now.

I gotta soap this tomorrow to see how it plays. I really like this scent.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Any comments on lavender or sweet pea in cp?

sweet pea is very light, but nice. You can get away with using more than 1oz PP.

Lavender I got DOS with, which confused me because I used my stand by recipe and changed nothing... so I tried again... watching very carefully.. and again, DOS. I dont know what thats all about, but I then soaped peaks lavender, same recipe, same everything, NO DOS.... :confused: based on those results I really do believe that the FO had something to do with it, although I have no way to know how....