What have you CPed from....

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have issues with CS for not making any efforts to get soaping results for soap makers. I have a pound of their sweet pea that I have been dying to make cp cupcake soaps with but was worried about seizing. I've contacted them more than once hoping to encourage them to start testing their fo's in cp, but they are still all about the waxes. It's a shame as there are so many of us just doing soap. This thread is wonderful. Thank you for starting it. I have a list also, but will have to post it tomorrow as all of my notes are not with me right now. :)

sweet pea is very light, but nice. You can get away with using more than 1oz PP.

Lavender I got DOS with, which confused me because I used my stand by recipe and changed nothing... so I tried again... watching very carefully.. and again, DOS. I dont know what thats all about, but I then soaped peaks lavender, same recipe, same everything, NO DOS.... :confused: based on those results I really do believe that the FO had something to do with it, although I have no way to know how....

If you do more than 1oz pp, is the cp soap stronger? Also, does it play well? Thank you :)

Glad you brought this old thread up. I hadn't realized so many had soaped all these FOs from CS. They are one of my major candle scent suppliers so I have just started soaping some of their oils.

Someone mentioned that Coconut Lime faded in their gm soap. Well, I've used it twice in my coconut milk soap at 7% pp and its holding nicely.

Others I've soaped are:

Lemon Verbana - lovely scent! scent sticks beautifully

Honeysuckle Jasmine - some aceleration; but scent holds nice - however, at this time CS has posted that the formula was changed by the manufacturer and currently it is not boby safe. More to come on this as CS is trying to get it reformulated to be body safe.

Rose - scent faded on me. But then I was mixing with another scent so possibly if used alone at 7 or 8% it might work better

Rain Water - no acceleration; scent holds nice at 7% pp

Lilac - another one I have used blended 50/50 so not sure how it hold up on its own. I was actually going to soap with it today (without blending it) so I will post my results on this later.

Powder - scent is fantastic at 7% unfortunately it discolors to a dark brown.

Very Vanilla - blended this with some Peaks Asian Sandalwood for a gm soap. Discolored to a dark, dark, brown but scent holds nice

Mistletoe - discolored but not sure how much as it worked great with my green apple and blueberry POP colors. The soap was swirled and the colors turned into forest greens and blues which were perfect. The scent is fabulous at 7% pp

Next on my list is Med Fig. Will be trying this one in the near future but not this week.

Soaped Lilac yesterday. Also soaped it couple months ago but as a blend. Anyway it accelerates quickly but I was counting on that. So I added the fragrance and my coconut milk to my oils and stick blended that altogether before adding my lye water. Then I just used a whisk to stir that the lye water and oils altogether. It gets the consistency of thick pudding rather quickly but is manageable enough to pour into your mold. Once in the mold you can play with the top. Its like icing a cake but it came out pretty.

Soaped the New Black Currant Tea. It does discolor to medium brown. Smells good though.. but I added some shreds from a Currant & acai batch that went south so the scent MAY be from them. Will post again when the cure time is up. I am hoping to soap a few more this weekend.

I would like to try the HB in a salt bar although not sure how that's gonna work!

Just a heads up on the Rain Water. It now for candles only and no longer soap safe. I sent CS an email to ask if they had plans to get this reforumlated to be soap safe. They are working on it but could not say when it would be ready. Bummer! Its one of my fav soap scents!

Check out the site.. I think this one is now CANDLES ONLY too..

Dang! There goes another great fragrance!! First its honeysuckle jasmine, rain water, now lemon verbana. ALL of these are best sellers for me. This totally sucks!!!

I may just have to start using a different fragrance supplier.

:( That stinks. We soap their HJ, Rain and Lemon Verbena also. Since HJ is a great seller for us, we ended up doing a blend using Peaks Jasmine and their Honeysuckle. As for the Lemon Verbena, we have NG and Peaks on hand and they do well for us. As for Rain, if I'm not mistaken, it kinda smells like NG's Ocean Mist. I'll have to check it out since I have both. I'll work around the ones that have changed. But CS is so close to us, I hate to see so many changes that force us to go to other suppliers.

Today I'm gonna soap the Mediterranean Fig and add some pureed fresh strawberries and also some fresh goat milk. Looked all over Whoville for figs to puree but dang if this one horse town doesn't have one single fig!! So fresh strawberries it is-- plus they were on sale!

Forgot-- I think I'll throw in some honey and baby cereal oatmeal. Wanted to try out the baby cereal oatmeal to see if I get a non scrubby type oatmeal.

Edited by Candybee

I love Himalayan Bamboo. I mix it with a touch of their amber.

So far the gm strawberry soapies look good. I put the gm in my blender; added fresh strawberries, honey, ground nutmeg, and some baby cereal oatmeal and blended. Looked just like a strawberry shake. Added it before trace and it turned out great. I did two batches and the second one started to gel but I only got a partial gel. Was trying not to gel. The med fig smells wonderful in the soap! I ran out of med fig for the second batch so I threw in some C&S Lime FO and the lime fig combo smells even better. No acceleration but I did get a slight discoloration to a light tan.

Can't wait for them to cure!

• 1 month later...

I've got it in my "lineup" of FOs to soap but probably won't get to it for a week or two. When I do I will post my result. I keep opening the bottle to sniff and the more I do the more I am convinced this would make a nice soap scent especially for the fall.

Today I am soaping Vanilla Lace and Asian Amber in a full goat milk and honey soap with egg yolks. Hoping it will turn a dark brown cause I want to name it Dark Vanilla Amber.

Edited by Candybee

Yeah, my "to do" list to soap new fragrances keeps growing. And that combination of VL and AA sounds wonderful...I love the Asian Amber anyway, so that would be a beautiful scent.

Oh...to add to the thread of what we've soaped from CS: Black Raspberry Vanilla, Coconut Lime Verbena, Cool Citrus Basil, Green Tea & Lemongrass, Honeysuckle Jasmine, Jamaica Me Crazy, Lavender, Love Spell, Oakmoss & Amber, Plumberry, Pomegranate, Rain and Sage & Pomegranate.

Edited by lovemylabs
Added scents we've soaped from CS

The vanilla lace and asian amber combo moved on me so fast I just had time to get it into the mold and smooth it out before it got hard. I'm pretty sure it was the asian amber that accelerated. Also, this batch got so hot that if reached full gel within a few minutes. I'm sure the honey helped it along with the amber. Its kind of rustic looking because it was a chore getting it pressed into the mold.

• 4 months later...