Christmas Must Haves

Jenny

Okay, so, as much as I LOVE to buy and try, buy and try, pour, repeat-lol, I have to come up with a list of scents to try for my Christmas lineup. I am thinking 5-10 MAX. So, what are some of your faves of the following, and what is on your list? I know I want:

Pumpkin Pie

Spiced Pumpkin

Eggnog

Some kind of fabulous baked cookies for Santa's Cookies (not just sugar cookie)

candy cane or peppermint

? So this is what I have for now to ponder. Any thoughts are much appreciated, as I CAN NOT spend out of control, although I wish I could. Ahh...

After making candles for a few years and seriously testing and getting after it this last year I am just now ready to sell. So I am not going to be able to give you great advice as far as what sells but I can share what I like and what I am looking at doing. I want some type of pumpkin for sure and I have a lot to test because I love pumpkin candles!

While I am not necessarily a lover of pine type scents you might want to consider it. I really like Holly Berry from CS OOB but haven't poured that one yet. To me it's not as much of a in your face pine. Elements and Berts both have a scent that is similar. Elements has Balsam and Citrus and Berts has Aspen Forest which is about half the price.

I really like Spiced Cranberry from Bitter Creek. Super thrower. Very strong and good.

I am also thinking maybe a gingerbread scent. I think BW has a honey gingerbread (Drawing a blank on that one right now) that is supposed to be good.

I also am trying to find a good Orange Spice type of scent.

I think the cookie and eggnog ones sound good too. Miami Erie has two samples that I ordered recently that actually smell really good OOB but I haven't poured them yet. Mrs. Claus Cookies which actually has a mint note to it and a peppermint cocoa that smells yummy too! I am actually pretty excited to test this one out.

Edited by aviator girl

These aren't exactly what you're looking for but my favorites are:

Pumpkin Creme Brulee- AH/RE

Cranberry Marmalade-CS

Mistletoe-CS

Gingerbread Latte-Backwoods

Gingerbread Spice Cake-Candlewic

and I agree on the Jack Frost from BCN

All best sellers last fall!

I had trouble selling the Pumpkin Souffle from CS, but it is very popular here. Amish Harvest from Peak also sold very well in the fall up through Christmas.

You need a Christmas Tree scent. I like Fillmores Christmas Tree and Elements Christmas Pines.

Others:

Mistletoe (CS)

Cranberry Marmalade (CS)

Honey Gingerbread (BW)

Pumpkin Soufle (CS)

Hanzel & Gretels House (CS)

Amish Harvest or Cornucopia (Peaks)

THANKS SO MUCH!!! I forgot to mention the Hansel & Gretel's House. I think that is one of my absolute favorites. Oh, and Gingerbread Latte sounds so yummy, I wish I had one now. A couple of Christmases ago, I bought one of those Gingerbread house kits, went to Starbucks and got a Gingerbread Latte, & went home to make my gingerbread masterpiece while sipping on deliciousness. I know, I am so wierd! But, I was SO excited about it. I was singing and dancing about the gingerbread party I was going to have all by myself. Hubby of course, knew I was nuts. The damn gingerbread kit was broken. But, the latte divine.

Oooh! I forgot about Christmas Splendor! It's definitely a best seller for me at Christmas time. I get mine from C&S.

Don't forget about Bayberry. A classic holiday scent. I love Cinnamon Bayberry (Fillmore), Bayberry (Peaks), Home for the Holidays (Peaks), and Bayberry Apple Spice (C&S).

You may want to just choose 1 of the pumpkin scents if you are trying to limit how many seasonal scents you carry. I will second BCN Spiced Cranberry...HUGE it with my customers! I can't give away straight peppermint scented candles but I do use it as a blend to make mug candles and sell out every year.

My winter scents:

-BCN Spiced Cranberry

-BCN Happy Holidays

-BCN Old Fashioned Christmas

-BCS Pumpkin Cheesecake

- C&S Sugar Plum

-Alabaster Pine Tree (looking for another b/c discolors in my palm BADLY)

-Blend of coffee/chocolate/peppermint - peppermint mocha.

-Gingerbread Applesauce - mix of BCN Gingerbread, Mac Apple & a little Vanilla Bean Supreme

Apple Jack Peel NG

Christmas Cabin NG

Vanilla Bean Noel TCS

Creme Brulee JBN

Hansel and Gretel TCS

Sparkling Pomegranate (personal mix of peppermint and pom)

Mrs. Clause Cookies NG

I poured Christmas Cabin and Apple Jack Peel until it crept into all the pores of my skin. lol

Steve

Creme Brulee JBN

Sparkling Pomegranate (personal mix of peppermint and pom)

I totally forgot about Creme Brulee...I get mine from BCN but it is a strong seller for me (so much so that I dropped sugar cookie and use that as my vanilla "bakery" scent instead.

That Pom mix sounds interesting! Pom & a straight orange scent is nice too.

You're gonna need an apple scent ...

Homemade Apple Pie from www.bluegrasscandlesupply.com is awesome; a nice balance of apple, pie crust and spice. You should also get a sample of their Maple Nut Crunch while your at it ... it's another great scent; people seems to love maple during the fall/holidays.

Mix your apple & pumpkin scents together, and call it Pumpkin Apple Butter, and it will probably fly off the shelf ... customers love the name.

Bert's Christmas Tree is a best seller for me ... www.bertsheavenscent.com ... as well as her Christmas Pear.

I also mix Bayberry & Cinnamon; both from www.candlescience.com.

Lastly, I think you'll definately need a cranberry scent. Cranberry Marmalade from Candlescience is excellent; you can also mix it with cinnamon for Spiced Cranberry.

Speaking from a consumer point of view (I don't make candles, but buy candles ALL THE TIME), I would love to find unique and different scent blends around the holidays. Maybe blends like:

Pumpkin Banana Strudel

Pumpkin Gingersnap

Pumpkin Patchouli & Amber (I made this blend for B&B and it's great!)

Pumpkin Ginger & Sandalwood

Spicy Pineapples & Pears (I'm talking heavy cinnamon here!)

Egg Nog Pralines

Pumpkin Coconut Pie

Spiced Apple Creme Brulee

Pumpkin Apple Pie

Cinnamon Zucchini Bread

Cedar & Peppermint

Pine & Cinnamon

Christmas Trees & Sugar Cookies

Christmas Tree & Mulberry

Eucalyptus & Cinnamon

Cranberry Creme Brulee

Sometimes, I get tired of the same old scents all the time. Something new and unique would be like a breath of fresh air.

Edited by CBE

Speaking from a consumer point of view (I don't make candles, but buy candles ALL THE TIME), I would love to find unique and different scent blends around the holidays. Maybe blends like:

Pumpkin Banana Strudel

Pumpkin Gingersnap

Pumpkin Patchouli & Amber (I made this blend for B&B and it's great!)

Pumpkin Ginger & Sandalwood

Spicy Pineapples & Pears (I'm talking heavy cinnamon here!)

Egg Nog Pralines

Pumpkin Coconut Pie

Spiced Apple Creme Brulee

Pumpkin Apple Pie

Cinnamon Zucchini Bread

Cedar & Peppermint

Pine & Cinnamon

Christmas Trees & Sugar Cookies

Christmas Tree & Mulberry

Eucalyptus & Cinnamon

Cranberry Creme Brulee

Sometimes, I get tired of the same old scents all the time. Something new and unique would be like a breath of fresh air.

Those all sound great, I might have to give a few of those a try! :drool:

• 1 month later...

I have used in the past:

LS sleighbells

LS hollyberry

CS pumpkin souffle

Peaks amish harvest

LS candy cane

TN cinammon stick

ICS (ST version) cranberry orange spice

BCN toffee maple crunch

BW honey gingerbread (i call it treats for santa)

JS glistening snow

TN jingle bells

LS or MC mulled cider

HF rocky mt pine

WSP santas pipe

Ky hazelnut