Now WSP has $15 min. order

I'm not sure when they implemented this but I put a $6.50 item in my cart and they were going to add on $8.50 for a handling fee to make it up. I wondered how long it would take! I copied this from the checkout:

Notice: There is a minimum order fee of $15 for Ground and Pickup orders, so a handling fee has been added to the ground shipping and pickup costs. To eliminate this handling charge, just add a minimum of $15 in product to your shopping cart.

We live close to WSP and found this out the other week when we just needed some wicks till we got back out to NG. Couldn't believe that after the "free shipping" crap that now they are going to do a minimum order?? Let's just say, we know where we will be shopping from now on..... *waves goodbye to WSP*

.....so much for that "free" shipping, eh? ;) Someone had to pay, now even pickup orders get stuck footing some of the bill? That's ludicrous. NG isn't too far away from them, and they have NO minimum order. I have a feeling their business is going to pick up really soon! LOL

Edited by asheebeans

All I can say is that they really must have lots of "big" accounts that are now saving $ shopping with them because the "little" guys like me certainly aren't. I haven't ordered from them since the "shipping include" thing happened but this gives me even less incentive to do so.

We live close to WSP and found this out the other week when we just needed some wicks till we got back out to NG. Couldn't believe that after the "free shipping" crap that now they are going to do a minimum order?? Let's just say, we know where we will be shopping from now on..... *waves goodbye to WSP*

WSP does not believe that you will be shopping elsewhere. They don't believe me. They think that forums have just a bandwagon mentality.

I think they did the $15 minimum so that you cannot just buy one bottle of 2 or 4 oz fragrance oils or a single colorant, etc... That would cost them too much to ship the item for free. :rolleyes2

Edited by Noodle

I know its just our thoughts and our opinions... but we think WSP just got greedy... period! Look at their FO compared to NG alone. The same exact FO we get at NG for $13.95 is $34.00 at WSP?? Oh lets not forget thats with free shipping!!! What a deal hun???

I ordered my pink and purple bottles from NG this week, I didn't need 48-and with the shipping included at WSP it was too much. I agree about the fragrance oils, I love NG oils and if I have to buy my bottles from them, it gives me an excuse to try a new fragrance. :)

You all know how I feel about WSP! I am so glad that you guys are finally catching up!! I have been warning you all for years now!!!!!

oh and has everyone seen how many new products NG has added! I swear soon enough they will have twice as much as wsp carries!

i wonder how long it takes some to learn....

i am hearing this on every forum i go to...

you wonder, if all these people are now

buying somewhere else, how long can they stay in business..

i love some of their fo's, but when it gets up to $30. plus for 16oz..

i also have found other fo's to replace them..

I have shopped wsp for alot of years for mostly ingredients like stearic, ewax, etc...I noticed the price on fo compared to ng the other day and I was in shock...i am planning to start making a soap with eo's and I am not sure where to go for those...I am doing a line of soap made with organic ingredients and so the eo's at wsp are certified pure...If ya'll have any ideas as to where to purchase quality eo's at a fair price please share

Thanks

WSP does not believe that you will be shopping elsewhere. They don't believe me. They think that forums have just a bandwagon mentality.

They need to not only consider current business but how it might affect future business.

Right now I am only a hobbyist and reading and learning everything I can from these forums. My orders are small at the moment. But what has started out as a hobby, has become a passion and, I hope, to a business in the future.

When that happens, which suppliers do you think I'm going to spend my money? I have had the opportunity to talk to Customer Service representatives at Candle Science, Natures Garden, and Peaks for various reasons. All three of these suppliers have answered questions and provided excellent service to someone who is a small fraction of their business. And I can tell you in the future, I hope to be able to give them more. There have been other suppliers, Candlemakers, LoneStar, Elements, Candle Chem and others that I have had good experiences with.

Those of us who are new to this craft rely on the experience, advice and referals from the very same people that post on these boards. If a supplier has negative feedback, regardless of the quality of the product they may sell, people will have a tendency to look elsewhere. Just ask someone who has stock in BP or Toyota :shocked2:

I have ordered from WSP. And, I do like some of their products. But, their prices are now quite expensive for a small hobbyist and I'm sorry to see that they seem to be ignoring the comments or want to chalk it up to "mob mentality".

Word of mouth, that's all it takes...

They need to not only consider current business but how it might affect future business.

I agree with you. I get it, and we all do here. I just do not think that WSP cares about their customers at all, no matter how they try to act like they are doing something for them with bogus free shipping.

I..i am planning to start making a soap with eo's and I am not sure where to go for those...I am doing a line of soap made with organic ingredients and so the eo's at wsp are certified pure...If ya'll have any ideas as to where to purchase quality eo's at a fair price please shareThanks

Essential Oil University is an excellent site for EO's! http://essentialoils.org/cart/index/0/0/?key=1

Also, New Directions: http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/

Debbie May was at our annual soap and candle makers conference this past weekend. Everyone in attendance got a $10 off coupon for a purchase of $25 or more. I got 2 because my daughter attended with me. I had my envelopes and thought, "Well, that's one door prize I won't be using."

I agree with you. I get it, and we all do here. I just do not think that WSP cares about their customers at all, no matter how they try to act like they are doing something for them with bogus free shipping.

I don't think it's about caring. I think it's about not making any money and trying to find a way.

Message to WSP - THIS.ISN'T.THE.WAY

Surprise,WSP! We aren't stupid. And if we cannot afford to do business with you then guess what? We won't. In many cases we'd understand price increases and absorb them as a part of doing business. But the underhanded attempt to somehow hide them is, well, underhanded and not to be tolerated.

So while it's possible this new business model will get you the increased $$ they need, you won't be getting it from me!

I actually bought 3 cases of jars from them a couple months ago for testing, now with the added shipping the price is actually cheaper for 3 cases, about $9.

It might depend on what you are getting.