I got my first presto pot last night!!!

It was great. I got all my tarts poured within 2 hours (how long it normaly took to melt 1 lb of wax in my double boiler)

I should have, however, just not even attempted to pour them today with everything that has happened within the last 24 hours. I couldn't pour into my molds if my life depended on it, so I lost a few tarts from my spillage. I also knocked over an open bottle of FO, I couldn't pour from the presto into my pour pot without spilling, and my blue dye exploded and I got dye EVERYWHERE.

At least it did distract me from everything going on for a few hours.

Congrats!!!

It makes such a difference, doesn't it? I'm guessing it doesn't have a spigot on it? Or did you hook it up? My dad put the spigots on mine. I could have never done it myself. But I'd take a presto with no spigot any day. They are just wonderful.

Yes, I just love it!!!! I have done a couple of batches now and it saves so much time. It doesn't have a spicet in it. I decided not to put one in to save some money (plus I would be afraid to do it wrong and it would leak and be useless) I'm currently using one of my old pour pots to laddle it into my larger pot, but i'm afraid to scratch up the bottom of the presto, so i'm going to have to find something different, but it is at least working for now.

Eccolight, just do it, you won't regret it. I wish I would have looked harder for one and probably would of had one months ago.

I love my Presto Pot! My husband added the spigot and it works great with no drips. I do not add and colour or frangrance to the pot. I just use it to melt my wax.

Can I ask where you got the directions for the spigot? I saw it on the Peak site, and showed my bf. He said it would be easy, and he could easily do it at work (cnc machine shop). I just wanted to see how others were doing it.

I'm eager to do this, as my Presto pot came with a plastic handle/screw that was already stripped, so it needs to be tightened frequently, and feels unstable. I should have exchanged the darn thing, but I was in too much of an ape-shit hurry to try it out.:)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I am also looking forward to getting a Presto Pot some day soon. I have heard good things about them and this post just confirms it further. Where is the best place to get them? Can you find them online and is that with or without the spiquot. I saw both versions online, but am curious where others have found as the best place to get one.

Thanks,

Jackie

http://jaxxcandles.com

I picked up a couple a Wallyworld a few weeks ago (24.99) and picked up all the hardware to add the spigot at Lowes (love the military discount there!). Of course my tools are still in storage several states away so have not done the work yet. LOL. So I am still mostly using the old double boiler method, which is fine, I'm mostly doing small testing batches.

You can pick one up on Ebay or other websites all over the Net. Mostly running 49.99/54.99 with spigot. If you are not mechanically inclined, that would be your best bet, as the hardware to add the spigot is not cheap. You will save a few dollars doing it yourself, but have to ask yourself if the time is worth it.

HTH

Steve

I thought I might add to this topic a little of my own creation... I used a presto from wallyworld and added a tap/spicket... and also insulated it with fiberglass insulation with foil backing from the plumbing dept of the hardware store or home desperate.... i added a few pics

if anyone is interested how to make one of these i would be happy to do a step by step directions/article just let me know or have one of the mods tell me what to do...

the insulation makes a big difference and really holds the heat and prevents burns...

let me know i would like to help, i have two of these set-ups and love them

post-12298-139458471645_thumb.jpg

post-12298-139458471654_thumb.jpg

post-12298-139458471659_thumb.jpg

post-12298-139458471664_thumb.jpg