Twilight Woods at Peak

Camay

Just noticed Peak added a new fragrance, Twilight Woods (B&BW type).

Scent description:

A sweet, romantic Bath & Body Works type. This fragrance combines the scent of ripe forest berries and soft sensual musk, with middle notes of sweet mimosa flowers and apricots, along with subtle hints of oak and juniper.

Sounds good!

And it's cheaper than WSP!

even when you take into account WSP's free shipping on FOs?

I got some from WSP but, if memory serves, I wasn't thrilled OOB. But now I cannot find the darned thing to reconfirm.

found it. OOB the WSP one is much frutier without that rich amber woodiness. I'm gonna put it in lotion tonight and see what I think. I'll soap it this weekend.

Edited by CareBear

The Nature's Garden one doesn't sound like anything even remotely close to the B&BW product:

Natures Garden Twilight in the Woods Fragrance oil: As the night seeps into the Red Wood Forest, Misty Moss and Patchouli gently glide over the Sandal Trees as the White Musky Clouds dampen the Amber Glow of this eerie aura.

Top Notes: Mandarin Balm, Tangelo, Eucalyptus

Middle Notes: Jungle Moss, Patchouli Leaf, Sandal Tree

Base Notes: Red Wood Forest, Amber Glow, Musk

B&BW lotion description:

"a hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods"

"Juicy Berry, Soft Mimosa, Apricot Nectar, Warm Woods"

B&BW candle description:

"Master perfumers have blended apricot nectar, mimosa petals, and Tuscan cypress to create this hypnotic fragrance, inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods."

Peak's version that Camay posted is closer but no cypress:

A sweet, romantic Bath & Body Works type. This fragrance combines the scent of ripe forest berries and soft sensual musk, with middle notes of sweet mimosa flowers and apricots, along with subtle hints of oak and juniper.

the descriptions are nice, but don't typically represent what I smell - and heck I work for a fragrance manufacturer and we write this stuff! When different individual write the descriptions they call out what they notice most or are most important, and that can vary from person to person.

also, I best like the fragrance in the BBW clear shower gel in the bottle. in lotion, no where near as much. I haven't been to a store - just browsed our product closet at work - so haven't seen the other formats.

Edited by CareBear

the descriptions are nice, but don't typically represent what I smell - and heck I work for a fragrance manufacturer and we write this stuff! When different individual write the descriptions they call out what they notice most or are most important, and that can vary from person to person.

also, I best like the fragrance in the BBW clear shower gel in the bottle. in lotion, no where near as much. I haven't been to a store - just browsed our product closet at work - so haven't seen the other formats.

You have a product closet at work? That is pretty cool. What else is in there?? Does B&BW send you the products, or do people at your work go out and get them?

If I smell ANY eucalyptus at all in the NG one, and that's listed as one of the top notes, then it's nothing like 'Twilight Woods'.

By the way, B&BW candles suck. They hardly have any hot throw. I was burning a 'Twilight Woods' one this weekend and I couldn't smell it, and I know I shouldn't have candle nose against a scent I haven't even had in the house. If it were one of my FOs I've had around awhile and grown accustomed to, I could understand.

You have a product closet at work? That is pretty cool. What else is in there?? Does B&BW send you the products, or do people at your work go out and get them?
Oh yes we have a product closet. We have one of pretty much everything (of significance) on the market in the areas our creative center works on (fabric softeners, detergents, bar soaps, bodywashes, candles & other air care products, and cleaning products. Unfortunately the lotions and hair care stuff is done out of our NYC office, as well as fine fragrances, so I don't have many of those here. :(

We have to buy them, in most cases.

When I have spare time I go down the hall and smell everything I can get my hands on. I choose one product category and/or one brand at a time and get to know it. There's so much it's an endless cycle.

My focus is personal wash (bodywash and soap) and air care.

By the way, B&BW candles suck. They hardly have any hot throw. I was burning a 'Twilight Woods' one this weekend and I couldn't smell it, and I know I shouldn't have candle nose against a scent I haven't even had in the house. If it were one of my FOs I've had around awhile and grown accustomed to, I could understand.

Now I'm going to have to go swipe one and burn it. We mostly evaluate candles cold unless there is a specific reason we need to get to know it better.

If I smell ANY eucalyptus at all in the NG one, and that's listed as one of the top notes, then it's nothing like 'Twilight Woods'.

I made a candle with NG's its only been 2 days,..but the cold throw and OOB smell has NO eucalyptus smell to it at all. It has a soft ligt smell,..I smell amber & musk.

Did you get a pillar or container? Ever listened to what the sales people say about their pillars? They are mostly for show and decoration so the scent is not strong ... to quote what one told me.