Palm wax pillar attempt

Brat

I think it looks pretty cool, but it wasn't what I was going for. I tried to do blue/light blue at an angle, but it didn't work out like I planned! I still think it's very pretty. When I tipped the mold, the wick pin ended up crooked and I didn't notice this until after I poured. It wouldn't stay straight. So, it's most likely going back in the pot. Can't wick it crooked! Also, I got overpour (again) but was able to remove most of it with an exacto knife. Anyway, thanks for looking! One day, I promise I'll post a pic of a decent candle!

post-1603-139458387189_thumb.jpg

I like it. Just keep remembering as I have to remind myself, We are are making hand-made candles. They arent going to be as "perfect" as a machine candle. My customers love that mine dont look like the picture perfect machine made candle. They all say it adds " personality" to the candle and that it was made from the heart and love of me making the candle :-)

Christina

I think it looks awesome! That blue would look perfect in my soon-to-be candlemaking room (heh, which I'm SUPPOSED to be getting finished today!)!

I don't see how any candle made from any kind of palm wax can be described as anything but gorgeous...

Mitch

Margarita, You really need some of this. This wax is better then slice bread. Well to me it is. I love this wax :-) I don't get a lot of orders for it yet but I make a lot of it for me. I love making tarts with this wax and giving these out as samples. For some reason, the cold and hot throw of the majority of my fragrances in this wax for tarts KICK BUTT!!! :-)

Christina

Brat, when I do a tilted candle I put a piece of duck tape across the top of the mold & wick pin to keep it from leaning..just a thin strip of tape and you still have plenty of room to pour.

Great idea! Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks!

know if this is the feathering or crystal palm? It looks more to be a feathering but just want to make sure before I order the wax. I am really looking for the crystal effect so if this is the crystal it's not what I'm looking for...lol..any help would be appreciated. I pm'd the poster but haven't received a response as of yet...tia :cheesy2:

know if this is the feathering or crystal palm? It looks more to be a feathering but just want to make sure before I order the wax. I am really looking for the crystal effect so if this is the crystal it's not what I'm looking for...lol..any help would be appreciated. I pm'd the poster but haven't received a response as of yet...tia :cheesy2:

Sorry about that, sent you a pm!

Sorry about that, sent you a pm! And for anyone else who is interested,

Natural Crystal Palm wax from http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname =All%2DNatural+Waxes&product%5Fid=WAX%2DCP

Sorry about that, sent you a pm! And for anyone else who is interested,

Natural Crystal Palm wax from http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname =All%2DNatural+Waxes&product%5Fid=WAX%2DCP

hmmm....ok so that is the crystal look then huh? geeez that is just a little to much of the look I'm going for. Oh well I guess I need to give it a shot anyway and I'm so glad it's the one from C&S because I need other waxes as well and they have it all!! :yay: Thanks for your repsonse Brat..oh and the pm..lol...