Tired of being called a liar. Here's proof

carol k

Don't fall for the myth that you can not dye soy candles (gb415) dark colors even black. I've been making them dark for almost 7yrs. now. I do not add any paraffin to my soy either. Millcreek doesn't sell paraffin & I'm not paying shipping for something that is not needed.

http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/ae207/tequila_019/Moms%20Candles/?action=view&current=100_1501.jpg

Thank you both. The red one is rose. I used mc's red dye at 15-18 drops.

Forgot to add. I know I poured the black ones last June, because I have a customer that buys that scent. I had a show the 3rd weekend of June & she usually comes to it. This year she didn't because her dad was in the hospital.

This is for the naysayers that think I poured them yesterday.

Edited by carol k
added

I agree Carol that myth that you can not get nice dark colors in soy is annoying. No one believed me either. I never had wick get clogged or any other problem. Not I prefer to use liquid dyes to achieve dark colors but that is a personal choice it can be done with other types of dye.

I agree Carol that myth that you can not get nice dark colors in soy is annoying. No one believed me either. I never had wick get clogged or any other problem. Not I prefer to use liquid dyes to achieve dark colors but that is a personal choice it can be done with other types of dye.

Thank you Vicky. I use mc's liquid dyes.

I know I've not been to nice, but I'm just sick to death of people thinking they know it all, when clearly they don't. As has been shown/said by several people.

BTW-- the black ones are gorgeous! Did you scent them? I gotta give black a try but don't know what to use for a scent.

Thank you.

The black candles are scented black ginger & bamboo. I scented some black ones one time using vanilla.

I'm just sick to death of people thinking they know it all, when clearly they don't. As has been shown/said by several people.

Maybe that's why people ask questions, Carol - because they want to learn and realize that none of us has ALL the answers... ;)

that myth that you can not get nice dark colors in soy is annoying
I, for one, LOVE a good episode of "Mythbusters!!"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Perhaps you'll be kind enough to share some of your secrets to getting nice dark non-frosting colors in the discussion threads, Vicky! Eager students await! :)

I gotta give black a try but don't know what to use for a scent.
We used Tahitian Black Ginger, Patchouli, Voodoo Love & Black Canyon for ours. HTH :) Edited by Stella1952

I also use the 415 and stopped coloring mine. Between HORRIBLE frosting and the wicks getting clogged, I gave up cause of the aggrevation.

I would love to know your secrets (pretty please) and especially the wicks you are using.

I think they are beautiful and I too was able to get really deep colors. I could just never get them to burn!! :laugh2:And then there was the frosting issue so advice would be welcomed here with open arms and intent listening. :D

I use millcreek dyes as well.I love them . I bought them somewhere else and they were so light I had to use so much more to get the colors I wanted. I also use 415. sometimes they frost sometimes they don't . I notice that the frosting that I do get is mostly on the top. I don't find that a big deal . once you light them they are fine.very nice carol

I don't dye my soy so I know nothing about how it takes color since I've never even tried. But the colors in your candles are very vibrant and beautiful. Its obvious from your pictures (and the ones posted by Candy) that achieving vibrant, dark colors in soy is not only possible, but there are people that actually do it in a regular basis; no fluke there.