favorite watermelon

flutterbees

So I've just done a 4 hour test burn on Ng's watermelon taffy. I let it cure for 6 days. I used 6%. It fills just half of my tiny kitchen. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate it at either a 4 or a 4.5. My husband thinks it smells like a watermelon jolly rancher. It's a very candy smell. I like it, just wish it were stronger. I want to order some from candle science, after I finish testing a few others.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody tried JS Watermelon? I see she lists a Watermelon and a Watermelon Jolly Rancher, so I'm wondering if the Watermelon is not candy-like? I'm looking for a watermelon that does not remind you of candy.

That would be Peaks or CS. Neither have a candy scent. Peaks is more sweet while CS has a tart note.

That would be Peaks or CS. Neither have a candy scent. Peaks is more sweet while CS has a tart note.

Thanks Candybee. I was uncertain because the reviews on CS mentioned smelling like a jolly rancher and earlier posts in this thread indicated Peaks was candy like as well.

I guess it depends on your nose? I'll have to try some samples with my next orders.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to update. I ended up ordering the watermelon from Peak's instead of candle science. I wanted to go with the sweeter smelling one. It smells just like the nature's garden one except noticeably stronger. It is a sweet smell. I love it. Will be doing a test burn on this one next week.