Pillars for an order

SteveinPA

These are the first candles I've sold- somebody ordered them in these colors and style. I didn't bother to take pictures of the other ones- they were just plain pillars. I gave a pillar to Joy's neighbor a while ago, and she thought she should take some to work and sell them for me. I finally agreed. She sold one of the samples and got orders for five on the first day. Left to right: Warm Apple Pie, Lilac, and Grandma's Kitchen. She wanted two of them colored deep red-hope this is what she had in mind. All are made with 4045H.

post-91-139458387022_thumb.jpg

I really like that shade of red. That looks like the style you get with draping:)

Thank you. I hope the person who ordered them like that shade of red. She wanted them deep red, and that's what I came up with. Yes, they were done by draping the layers. Poured a little in the mold, tilted and swirled it a few times, and repeated until it was full. I like doing them this way- some of the line patterns turn out pretty cool.

Thank you. I hope the person who ordered them like that shade of red. She wanted them deep red, and that's what I came up with. Yes, they were done by draping the layers. Poured a little in the mold, tilted and swirled it a few times, and repeated until it was full. I like doing them this way- some of the line patterns turn out pretty cool.

That's no lie!! I love the lines you've got in those!! So sleek!!

Another set of awesome pillars Steve. :highfive: Sure looks like all you testing has paid off. You've convinced me to try some 4045H wax when I start experimenting with pillars. When are you going to start marketing your 'thang'?

Thanks :) I really like the 4045H-pillars don't seem to bulge at the top like they do with 1343, and it holds more scent. As far as the "thang", I'm hoping to apply for a patent soon. Then they will officially be for sale.

Your candles are gorgeous. I just posted a question about the 4045 wax. I read the description at Candlewic but am confused as to if additives are needed with this wax. If you don't mind my asking, do you use vybar or stearic? Thanks so much and again...your candles are beautiful! Wonderful job!

Yes, they were done by draping the layers. Poured a little in the mold, tilted and swirled it a few times, and repeated until it was full. I like doing them this way- some of the line patterns turn out pretty cool.

He finally tells us ... santa wink

Dude, those are all so cool! Thanks for sharing your method, I just couldn't figure it out. Lol. I'm going to try that method someday. Thanks for the inspiration. :yay: