Nougat Noodle Bar

Brenda

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to soapmaking and selling my soaps(made roughly 20 batches so far). I finally got around to using my curls and trimmings in a bar. I used a good lathering recipe for the white soap and scented it with geranium, lemongrass, and peppermint essential oils. My first "fun" bar after batches of plain solids and some swirls. What do you think? I've been perusing the gallery and you all make some fantastic soaps!! :smiley2:

Brenda

Nougat(web).jpg

Thanks for the comments! :smiley2:

Yes, Jeana, I had to use 1 teaspoon of titanium dioxide in the lye water (the batch fit a 32 bar mold) to make the bar white. I didn't think it would look as nice if it were translucent. It was my first experience with using it. Works like a charm.

I was wondering about trying that. I used TD in the oil/lye/ water mix but I could tell it didn't thoroughly blend after I cut my soap. I was going to try in the lye next. Good to know it works well. Do you put it in as it cools?

Your little noodle soap is one of my favorites now.

Also, do you mind if I ask what you used to color the soap that had the dark purple?

Does it look like purple? It's really almost black. Those are shavings and curls from a vanilla butter shea bar I made that severely discolors to almost an ebony black but smells heavenly.

I put the TD in while the lye mixture was cooling and then gave it a real good stir just before I dumped the lye into the oils. Then I whirred away with my electric stir stick and let it come to good trace before adding in all the curls. Since making that bar I did have a little separation in another bar I made that I didn't let come to as full a trace because I wanted a thorough swirl. It's not very apparent, but I can tell the soap is not as evenly creamy as this bar. :sad2: Live and learn...LOL.