Mr Missy reviews

carol k

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell all of you that have ordered the Pumpkin Cheesecake, Yuzo Lime, Tiramisu, Apple Crisp, Evening Breeze, Lemongrass and Rice Milk & Honey...these are all EXCEPTIONAL oils in soy wax. Fantastic hot and cold throw. You won't be disappointed. :)

I only got the pumpkin cheesecake out of your list but it does smell yummy.. I can't wait to get it in wax in the morning... Thanks for the reviews....

Emily

I got mine, too. I can only say oob, and it will be some time before I can pour and burn. I still have yet to burn the 20 or so I poured from AH Sale.

All were strong and pleasant oob. I got 10 different ones.

Powdered Sugar - a very sweet vanilla. Similar to Tahitian Van Spice (FOH)

Jasmine Honeysuckle - Could be called Jasmine. Don't pick up on too much Honeysuckle.

Victorian Vanilla - Nice vanilla, with a slight undertone of a tobacco leaf.

Northwood Balsam - Nice Pine, not similar to any that I have in house to compare it too. Maybe, Aspen Winter??

Christmas Cranberry - Fruity, no spice. Doesn't remind me of a fall scent. Maybe a touch of cinn added or apple cinn?

Raspberry - A BBW dup. Very nice

Apple Blossom Peony - Very nice floral with a freshness to it.

Cafe Latte - A nice coffee, milk smell. I also smell mocha.

Cool Water (for women) - don't know original, but beautiful unisex scent. Reminds me of (but not identical to) Issey Miyake.

Black Cherry - Strong but not medicinal. I could handle this. People have asked me for this but I couldn't handle the one from CS.

Still have to pour and test.

As for all the talk regarding the fact that these are close-outs - Dan told me upfront that these are closeouts and how he goes about getting the good deals that he gets.

Each person has to decide for themselves. In the type of business that I have (no large accounts, hotels, etc), I have no problem with a scent that comes and goes. In fact, many of my customers often say, "What's new?," when they see me. They are up for trying new things.

If they throw and are as pleasant in a candle as they are oob, it will be money very, very well spent. Worst case scenario, they don't throw and become oils better suited for tarts, still not a bad deal at 31 cents/oz (delivered).

Of course, I will post results when poured/burned.

Eve

I have yet to order from them because of all the issues and my main concern is what happens when you find a few great oils and you can no longer reorder because they are close outs?:confused:

My customers that I do have just like to try new scents from time to time. If they become no longer available, I can either find the scent elsewhere, or not. I list on all my receipts to my customers that scents can change and at times can become unavailable due to supply and demand. They are fine with this. And sometimes like with this order, I will use as "give-a-ways" to new customers or to friends and family in gifts. Everyone likes something new to try, even if its not forever.:smiley2:

[/quote=celicagtca] I can tell all of you that have ordered the Pumpkin Cheesecake, Yuzo Lime, Tiramisu, Apple Crisp, Evening Breeze, Lemongrass and Rice Milk & Honey...these are all EXCEPTIONAL oils in soy wax. Fantastic hot and cold throw. You won't be disappointed. :)

I ordered the Yuzo Lime, glad to see that you give this a good review. I thought oob that it smelled better then any other yuzo or blend.:smiley2:

Edited by leisa2003

Hmmm....I do see the economic adavantage of ordering oils at this price so I'm going to give a few a try and just sell them as limited scents. I got...

French Strawberry

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Raspberry Lemon Tart

Yuzu Lime

Vanilla Ginger Lemon

I still got the free shipping even though it was suppose to end last night...I did however get charged 7% FL state tax...:sad2:

I have a `16oz bottle minus 1/2 oz...

i paid 8.50 plus shipping..you can have..

if interested I will put it on the classies..

Darn it too slow I guess lol.

If anyone has a couple oz or of rice milk & honey they could spare that would be great :)

Woe is me! Last night I started an order to Mr. Missy's, then made myself not send it, since I don't make enough candles now to need more FO. I ordered 3 lb from him over the weekend, plus I just bought 3 lb from sockmonkey here, in the classifieds. I was so proud of myself for resisting his latest sale.

EDITED

How long does FO stay good anyway?...years and years I hope. :)

Edited by Scented

My customers that I do have just like to try new scents from time to time. If they become no longer available, I can either find the scent elsewhere, or not. I list on all my receipts to my customers that scents can change and at times can become unavailable due to supply and demand. They are fine with this. And sometimes like with this order, I will use as "give-a-ways" to new customers or to friends and family in gifts. Everyone likes something new to try, even if its not forever.:smiley2:

[/quote=celicagtca] I can tell all of you that have ordered the Pumpkin Cheesecake, Yuzo Lime, Tiramisu, Apple Crisp, Evening Breeze, Lemongrass and Rice Milk & Honey...these are all EXCEPTIONAL oils in soy wax. Fantastic hot and cold throw. You won't be disappointed. :)

I ordered the Yuzo Lime, glad to see that you give this a good review. I thought oob that it smelled better then any other yuzo or blend.:smiley2:

Trust me...that one will knock your socks off. :)

I poured the pumpkin cheesecake and autumn leaves and I smell nothing wrong with the quality of these oils....

Poured at 6% in 223, 14 hour cure...... Strong hot throw on both of these....Glad I went ahead and ordered....

However, I did order the christmas cranberries and did not receive it. Talked to Dan, he said send email to him and I did but haven't heard anything else back yet.... So we will see about the CS....

Thanks for the other reviews:)

Emily

I just poured the yuzo lime and the powdered sugar in a wickless candles(so I could test quickly) and the cold throw is great. I used 444 wax. I didnt have any problems with my order, and it was package REALLY well. Glad I ordered!!:smiley2: I will share in a few days the wicked results.

Edited by leisa2003
added

I'm wondering how long it is taking to receive your orders from Mr. Missy.

I placed an order on 9/25 (Friday evening, so I figured it would be Monday or Tuesday before they got to it.) My credit card was charged on 9/26.

I haven't received my order, haven't received an email with a UPS tracking number either.

Called today and left a message....no return call.

So I'm beginning to understand all the criticism of this company. I'm glad I didn't order a second time now.

Gail...I'm waiting on an order too. I placed mine on Oct 1st...got the email confirming my order...but nothing since. No tracking. Now...it's only been 6 days...but I placed an order with Peaks on Sunday evening...3 days after placing one with Mr. Missy's...and my package is due here tomorrow.

I was so hesitant about ordering...but since they were having this sale...and I'm not

a business....I figured it wouldn't hurt. I better get something soon.

Oh great, now I am getting nervous, I placed an order with them and it was processed on 9/29 and same here, I have not heard anything either, the last time I did get a ups tracking number and there is nothing on ups...oh boy..I am going to try and find out something today..this is crazy

Finally got in touch with someone from Mr. Missy's just now. He said they had been waiting on bottles to come in. They got everything poured yesterday and are shipping today.

I didn't ask why he didn't follow up on my previous phone call or email....but I should have. Guess they were too busy pouring. :)

Ha, I did receive my order today via usps instead of ups I guess that is why I never received a shipping number...but they were suppose to fix my last order by including 2 additional bottles of fragrance oil and still have not corrected the problem, I have now emailed them and put a call in to still try and correct the problem so we shall see what happens...this is very frustrating

Finally got in touch with someone from Mr. Missy's just now. He said they had been waiting on bottles to come in. They got everything poured yesterday and are shipping today.

I didn't ask why he didn't follow up on my previous phone call or email....but I should have. Guess they were too busy pouring. :)

convenient timing, don't you think?

I called again yesterday and Dan said they would be sending mine out Monday.. That they had run out of bottles..Etc..I hope I have it this week...:confused:

Emily

I'm still waiting...so either UPS is really slow from Florida to Indiana, or they didn't ship all the orders out on the 7th like he told me they did.

I should have paid heed to the warnings on here about that guy, or that company anyway.

Edited by GailC