Mr Missy reviews

carol k

I got a notification that mine was shipped fedex and will be here on the 14th. That's a LONG time to wait. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry. 14 days is quite awhile. I'm looking forward to smelling my oils though.

Edited...if they still have an ohio warehouse...they would have probably shipped mine from

there since I'm in Jersey. Mine was shipped from Florida.

Edited by debratant

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my order yesterday, ordered 30 different Fo's (can you say FOHO!) I'll be working my way through them and giving reviews as I use them. So far the pumkpin cheesecake is devine! Shipping took a little longer than I like, ordered on the 29th of Sept. but I was one of the bottle holdups. I called the 2 offices and didn't get an answer so I called the available 24 hours phone number and it was Dan's cell number. Talked with him, explained they were waiting on 16oz bottles and that my order had been shipped. Very pleasant to talk to. As of now, I'm sure I will order again.

I use 4627, eco wicks, 10% fo load. So far I have poured Powdered Sugar, Christmas Cranberries and Northwood Balsam. They all threw phenomenally and were very nice.

My friend says powdered sugar is a dup of Yank Buttercream.

Eve

Edited by evesorto

I have poured all 4 that I ordered.

The Powdered Sugar and Cedar Patchouli are awesome. I do like the Northwoods Balsam too...very strong pine sap scent to my nose.

But...all of you raving about the Pumpkin Cheesecake.....uhh...I can't smell any bakery scent to this...as in cake or cheesecake. To me this smells like a very strong spiced pumpkin. I am talking straight pumpkin out of the can...not pumpkin pie filling. Actually I was burning it yesterday and said to myself I don't know who put the name on this one but it sure doesn't smell like P Cheesecake to me.

Did I get the wrong fo?

But...all of you raving about the Pumpkin Cheesecake.....uhh...I can't smell any bakery scent to this...as in cake or cheesecake. To me this smells like a very strong spiced pumpkin. I am talking straight pumpkin out of the can...not pumpkin pie filling. Actually I was burning it yesterday and said to myself I don't know who put the name on this one but it sure doesn't smell like P Cheesecake to me.

Did I get the wrong fo?

Maybe we got different versions of this...I poured mine this week and smell no pumkpin, only cheesecake. The strongest cheesecake smell I've came across.

I've been at an oil supplier and have seen my FOs being poured out of the drum. I asked why they rolled the drums around before they poured. Told me it was to make sure all the oils were mixed ... sometimes one ingredient would settle.

Maybe that's what happened ?!?

This is about the funniest thread I've read all year.

When Mr. Missy first popped up, he had oils for $7.50, free shipping. Dumb me, I didn't read the fine print that there was a $75 minimum, so I ordered 1 bottle of Cedar Patchouli. When someone told me the error of my ways, I emailed Dan and asked for a tracking number. At that point, a week had gone by. He called me and gave me my tracking number about an hour before the thing was delivered. He had decided to honor my 1 bottle with free shipping rather than make a stink and charge me shipping.

Well, I poured that Cedar Patch and it immediately became my new favorite. In 4627, 8%, 8 oz mason, I had to wick up x 2, and it throw like crazy.

His next goofy sale came around and I ordered a bunch more Cedar Patch along with 2 bottles of Powdered Sugar. Donna-Do had sent me a tart in the PS and I liked it. Same wax, same %, same jar, no wick up, I gave it an 8. Something came up with that order that prompted Dan to call me again. But the order arrived within 8 days, not counting the weekend.

So I ordered again.

So far, I've given the Cedar Patch 3 different names, have in on display in 3 different areas in my store, and it's all selling very well.

French Strawberry: The best strawberry I've ever poured. Oddly, I had to wick up x 2, but it might be partly because of colder days and nights, different atmosphere. I'm guessing for summer I wouldn't have to wick up x 2.

I can't even remember what else I ordered or what I've tested. I haven't tested everything yet. He talked me into getting Periwinkle. OOB it doesn't appeal to me, but who knows! Vanilla Ginger Lemon, or maybe it's Lemon Vanilla Ginger, whatever, smells divine oob. I haven't poured yet.

I would not hesitate to order from him again. In fact, I'm waiting for another outrageous sale. I'm a sucker for free shipping, so next time he has that, I'm gonna go off the deep end.

What the hell does it matter if you can't get more? Good grief, people, show some originality! Have a special edition sale. Make give away tarts. Sell what you have and don't worry about carrying the same crap year after year after year! Good Grief! If you can't sell your customers something new, you might be in the wrong business.

This is about the funniest thread I've read all year.

When Mr. Missy first popped up, he had oils for $7.50, free shipping. Dumb me, I didn't read the fine print that there was a $75 minimum, so I ordered 1 bottle of Cedar Patchouli. When someone told me the error of my ways, I emailed Dan and asked for a tracking number. At that point, a week had gone by. He called me and gave me my tracking number about an hour before the thing was delivered. He had decided to honor my 1 bottle with free shipping rather than make a stink and charge me shipping.

Well, I poured that Cedar Patch and it immediately became my new favorite. In 4627, 8%, 8 oz mason, I had to wick up x 2, and it throw like crazy.

His next goofy sale came around and I ordered a bunch more Cedar Patch along with 2 bottles of Powdered Sugar. Donna-Do had sent me a tart in the PS and I liked it. Same wax, same %, same jar, no wick up, I gave it an 8. Something came up with that order that prompted Dan to call me again. But the order arrived within 8 days, not counting the weekend.

So I ordered again.

So far, I've given the Cedar Patch 3 different names, have in on display in 3 different areas in my store, and it's all selling very well.

French Strawberry: The best strawberry I've ever poured. Oddly, I had to wick up x 2, but it might be partly because of colder days and nights, different atmosphere. I'm guessing for summer I wouldn't have to wick up x 2.

I can't even remember what else I ordered or what I've tested. I haven't tested everything yet. He talked me into getting Periwinkle. OOB it doesn't appeal to me, but who knows! Vanilla Ginger Lemon, or maybe it's Lemon Vanilla Ginger, whatever, smells divine oob. I haven't poured yet.

I would not hesitate to order from him again. In fact, I'm waiting for another outrageous sale. I'm a sucker for free shipping, so next time he has that, I'm gonna go off the deep end.

What the hell does it matter if you can't get more? Good grief, people, show some originality! Have a special edition sale. Make give away tarts. Sell what you have and don't worry about carrying the same crap year after year after year! Good Grief! If you can't sell your customers something new, you might be in the wrong business.

:highfive:

I know we're not supposed to talk about sales, but I just need to know this.

I emailed Mr. Missy's today, because I was getting all his emails about more sales, but not about my order that I was charged for on the 26th of Sept and still waiting for. I did talk on the phone to two people yesterday, and they were supposed to track it.

I was just so frustrated so I vented a little in the email.

So I get this email back from him:

Look in your email. I did ship your order but it did not meet the minimums that I required. It shipped USPS today.

I did get an email an hour later from USPS saying it had shipped.

Now I ask you....was there a minimum purchase back the last week or two of Sept when he had that half price sale on his FO's?

And why didn't he tell me I didn't meet his minimum the three times I called them to ask if my order had shipped.

I am done with Mr. Missy's....I don't care if he sells his stuff for $1.00 a pound!

Edited by GailC

I know we're not supposed to talk about sales, but I just need to know this.

I emailed Mr. Missy's today, because I was getting all his emails about more sales, but not about my order that I was charged for on the 26th of Sept and still waiting for. I did talk on the phone to two people yesterday, and they were supposed to track it.

I was just so frustrated so I vented a little in the email.

So I get this email back from him:

Look in your email. I did ship your order but it did not meet the minimums that I required. It shipped USPS today.

I did get an email an hour later from USPS saying it had shipped.

Now I ask you....was there a minimum purchase back the last week or two of Sept when he had that half price sale on his FO's?

And why didn't he tell me I didn't meet his minimum the three times I called them to ask if my order had shipped.

I am done with Mr. Missy's....I don't care if he sells his stuff for $1.00 a pound!

Gail, I think we ordered around the same time. I got all but a pound of christmas cranberries.. I am still waiting on it.. I have called and followed up with an email as told to do by Dan 3 times. I was told a week ago Friday, that it would be mailed that coming Monday that he had just got bottles in. Well I was told yesterday that it was mailed this past Monday, which meant a week over what he originally told me..We will see..I haven't got a shipping notice yet:confused: But he said it WOULD be here THIS WEEK.. So I am holding him to it..

It agravates me that he keeps having sales (this will be the 2nd one since I ordered) and I haven't got mine yet..

I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, and think well he did run out of bottles but then again can you have sales without bottles? or without getting previous orders out?????

I ordered on Sept 23.. If my memory is good I do think that is the same sale as you ordered from and there was no minimum cause I only ordered 3 pds.

I really liked his oils.. And I hate all this happened but I dropped another supplier for this very reason..UGH!!!!

Emily

Thanks, pwillo2, for your reply. I ordered 3 lbs. as well. Sounds like we are having some of the same issues with this guy.

First time I called him, all the orders were shipped out by Tues because they were waiting on bottles....the next week I called him, and all the orders were shipped out by Thurs or Fri, because they were waiting on bottles. :)