Pineapple Upsde Down Cake

I have been playing with MP for the last couple of days, until tonight. Planning to make some CP tonight but in the meantime, anyone for a piece of Pineapple upside-down cake? It smell AMAZING!!! Next time I would not put the almonds on the top because in the pic it looks like soap that didn't mix but in person you can tell it's almond slices.

6800_1181280926274_1055702074_569003_254402_n.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, it was my first time trying to do something like this and it was fun :yay: . I felt bad cutting it today :( in wedges, lol, but this was more an experiment for me as I would make it again just a bit different. I would put more pineapples on the top, I would put 5 of them aound the centre one so that it would be more even looking and I would omit the almond slivers too. But all in all it was a good learning experience and it gives me the confidence now to try some other looks. Next I would like to try a black forest cake. Wish me luck :)

Oh yes forgot to say, if you try making this DON'T pour the yellow mp soap for the pineapple in a plastic frozen juice container, lol, without inserting something to make the hole in the middle almost immediately. I used a piece of pipe when I realized I needed a hole. It was good I did because pulling on that pipe helped me dislodge the darn soap, lol. Also don't forget to score the yellow piece like a pineapple is scored sort of in sections otherwise it just looks like a round with a hole in the middle for your soap cherry. I used clear glycerine soap for the cherries, poured the red colored clear glycerine soap in a container and when it started to get somewhat set, removed some with a spoon and started rolling the soap into small balls. I then pushed the cherries into the middle of the pineapples. I poured a bit of clear glycerine at the bottom of the pan and placed the pineapples, let is set just a tad, and then poured by soap cake batter on top. I held my breath when I unmolded it.

Wow......I really like your presentation of the cake soap!

It would be wonderful to have for sale by the slice in a store or at a craft show. Your could display the pineapple soap on a cake stand....pre-sliced just as a cake would be. I have seen the cake stands with covers at the restaurant supply stores.

Just a thought......use bakery tissue paper to pick it up and put it in a bag that is labeled and ready to go!

• 4 weeks later...